Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen Opinion.

Article about: Well I appreciate any opinions on this badge,before I list it for sale.Its from my dads collection appears to be straight to me. I am feeling the case is not correct for the badge,but is a r

Default Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen Opinion.

Well I appreciate any opinions on this badge,before I list it for sale.Its from my dads collection appears to be straight to me. I am feeling the case is not correct for the badge,but is a real case of somekind? If original,was there different classes of these,where the eagles are annodized dark vs gold?

Last edited by Adrian; 04-15-2011 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen Opinion.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe retirement Badge Opinion

Fake IMO. Juncker stamp in wrong place, pin setup wrong, poor overall detail, the bottom arm of the swastika should be cutout, the position where the bird is sat should not be cutout like yours is. I have never come across a case for this badge and considering the badge, I would also say no to this.

?

BSW set up on a Juncker badge, there should be no cut out between the talons and the rock, but should be a cut on the swastika, here are some original to compare. The case is fake also sorry.

Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen Opinion.Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen Opinion.

actually there was two versions, and there was one with the eagles legs and tail cut out.which is where the stamp on the back side, is put on the solid version.they would not have been able to put a stamp in the same spot there,on a cut out version. but I cannot find any pics of such cutout version to compare this one to. the eagle should be anodized they say too.

ofcourse, wishfully still scratching my head,hoping a cutout version has these differences!

the case belongs to something else,from what I can tell by impression marks I noticed

Luftwaffe Badges

?

The cut out thing is not as important as the reverse of the badge. This kind of hinge was not used by Juncker, also one more thing, the maker mark, is a bad one, very diffferent than a real juncker mm, and most of the badges with SW68 are fake.
    Last edited by Anubis; 04-14-2011 at 04:12 PM.

hey I appreciate you guys telling me straight up. it IS what it IS !!

The fact that the eagle was not anodized,is what worried me.

ofcourse I was hoping cutout versions exsited and that they differered along the lines of this one.

looks like wishful thinking on my part!

I did not think the case belonged to it,but thought it was real case of somekind. this one threw me for a loop!

valuable information Anubis!! thank you for taking the time to explain the other details.

and here I thought the mark was the best part!

thank you also,R M