Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen + much more....

Article about: My grandfather recently passed away, and upon cleaning out his house i came across his old WWII badges and emblems. Excuse me if im completely wrong in my findings, as i do not know much abo

bahamafreak
    ?

Default Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen + much more....

My grandfather recently passed away, and upon cleaning out his house i came across his old WWII badges and emblems. Excuse me if im completely wrong in my findings, as i do not know much about any of the following.
    I believe i have a few lufftwaffe pilots badges, a type 1 iron cross and alot of the rest still remains a mystery.
    Please let me know any information you might regarding the emblems and badges that you see.

Im interested in finding out exactly what these badges were awarded for and how much they could possibly be worth.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen + much more....  
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-06-2011 at 05:28 PM.

2. # ADS

Default Re: lufftwafe pilots badges + much more

you have:luftwaffe visor hat eagle,pilots badge,luftwaffe em tunic eagle,hindenburg cross with ribbon,two hitler youth proficiency badges and miniature HJ proficiency badge,silver wound badg,hitler youth marksmanship badge,iron cross 1st class, unknown medal with orange and white ribbon?...marksmanship badge, and some sort of Tinnie badge,,,can you post better pics and pics of the backs of the badges??

?

Default Re: lufftwafe pilots badges + much more

first, sorry to here abought your grandfather!and for the qustion i realy like the one award the one with the eagle and green circle..give me a pm if u were to sell that one?thanks for sharing them !!

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen + much more....

Hello and welcome.
    Sorry to hear of your Grandfather's passing but he has left you with a few nice items.
    I have added some numbers to your photo. It is very helpful if you can take some good, clear, close up shots of the front and back of each item so enable the members here to help and give you the best advice. There is a pinned thread at the top of this forum that offers some helpful photo tips.
    If you can post items marked '1' in this forum, Third Reich Decorations, the ones marked '2' in the Uniforms and Insignia forum, the pieces marked '3' in the Hitler Youth (HJ) sub forum, the tinnie marked '4' in the Political forum and the medal marked with a '?' I have no idea about. You could post it here and if it needs to be moved I can do that for you.
    If you need any help just ask.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen + much more....  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

KSH
    ?

Does anyone know the proper German name for this badge?

Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen + much more....

- Kenneth

?

Quote by KSH View Post
    Does anyone know the proper German name for this badge?
    I've never seen this badge before so it would be good to get some better pics of it.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I've never seen this badge before so it would be good to get some better pics of it.
    That makes two of us then Adrian.

- Kenneth

I believe this is a Marksmanship badge. Quite sure I've seen it before.
    Can't remember where though, or if it's Civilian or
    a Veterans group..............!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I believe this is a Marksmanship badge. Quite sure I've seen it before.

Can't remember where though, or if it's civil or a Veterans group !
    Interesting Steve. Luftwaffe related perhaps? I can make out the date 1944 but the other words aren't clear enough. Hopefully bahamafreak can post up some better pics.