Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen...Original or Repro?

Article about: by Adrian These really do vary Kenneth, here are a couple I found quickly just on Kai Winkler's site....... Duly noted Adrian. I stand corrected Somehow this forum reminds me of school - Ken

?

Default Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen...Original or Repro?

Thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen...Original or Repro?   Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen...Original or Repro?  

Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen...Original or Repro?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen...Original or Repro?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen...Original or Repro?

I am not a fan of this one very soft.

Eric

?

Original zinc badge attributed to Friedrich Linden of Ludenscheid. Very much the lower end and most affordable of the pilots badges they can be found with two types of hinge as you can see on my example below. I actually quite like these badges and I would like to find one in tombak.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen...Original or Repro?   Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen...Original or Repro?  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

KSH
    ?

Adrian, how come these IMO big differences between the badges then? I have circled some areas where this can be easily seen.

Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen...Original or Repro?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen...Original or Repro?

- Kenneth

?

No problem here, original zinc FLL.

After being stamped or press moulded (whatever process was used) each badge had to be finished individually by hand. That would explain slight differences in the profiles of the two pieces, no?
    Tom

KSH
    ?

Quote by StuG III View Post
    After being stamped or press moulded (whatever process was used) each badge had to be finished individually by hand. That would explain slight differences in the profiles of the two pieces, no?
    Tom
    I see your point, but I disagree. It is more likely two different eagle designs IMO. They were hand-finished yes, but only to a certain degree, I would think mostly to clean up eventual unwanted remains after the production process. I personally have never seen this kind of discrepancy between two badges of the same manufacture and design. In my eyes these are not slight differences, but quite noticeable differences that tell me that the eagles are not of identical production. If I'm wrong here I appreciate if anyone can correct me. Then I shall stand corrected

- Kenneth

?

The badges as far as I'm aware are both from the same mould and the discrepancies are from the hand finishing. This type of eagle to my knowledge was only made by FLL. There are as many, if not more similarities than there are differences. Try a seach for them on dealers websites, not every one is the same as the next.
    The eagle on mine is slightly squashed and off to one side which may account for the differences in the outline when compared to the wreath, note the positions of the swastika.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The badges as far as I'm aware are both from the same mould and the discrepancies are from the hand finishing. This type of eagle to my knowledge was only made by FLL. There are as many, if not more similarities than there are differences. Try a seach for them on dealers websites, not every one is the same as the next.
    The eagle on mine is slightly squashed and off to one side which may account for the differences in the outline when compared to the wreath, note the positions of the swastika.
    On second thought you may be right there. But for the record, I was not in any way implying that it wasn't a real one, or that it wasn't made by FLL. I just found the difference between the badges posted too great for them to be identical. What you and Tom are saying makes perfect sense, but it's really a first for me to see such a different outline from the same mould, hand-finished or not. But I learn everyday

- Kenneth

?

These really do vary Kenneth, here are a couple I found quickly just on Kai Winkler's site.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast