Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Frontflugspange für Aufklärer

Article about: Adrian, You get a A+ for finding that lot. Thanks for all the effort. I guess I am safe to call this a 100% original piece then. D.

Default Luftwaffe Frontflugspange für Aufklärer

Really unsure of this one, but again my mate has had it some time. I have just never really got into medals or badges in any big way so I cannot really help him ...best to ask you guys.
    D.

If I had to make a guess I would say it was ok!!!, now to get shot down in flames..ouch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Frontflugspange für Aufklärer   Luftwaffe Frontflugspange für Aufklärer  

Luftwaffe Frontflugspange für Aufklärer  
    Last edited by JERSEY 34; 03-09-2012 at 12:47 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Frontflugspange für Aufklärer
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Frontflugspange für Aufklärer

I'm not sure on this one as I know very little about these Luftwaffe clasps or the finer details and variants amongst them but I always thought the areas circled below should be drilled out such as on my example below that. Hopefully one of the guys who knows more about these awards can add their thoughts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Frontflugspange für Aufklärer   Luftwaffe Frontflugspange für Aufklärer  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I can't recall seeing one without the drilled out holes either. There are many pin and clasp variations, but Overall, I don't get a good feel from it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The more I look at this one, the more I like it. I see no major issues other than the non drilled out holes. It could be one that slipped by this part of the manufacturing, a Friday afternoon piece. Either way I'm more convinced this is an original clasp.

Hi guys,

i have only basic knowing about the flight clasps.It gave claps with round cut outs,triangular cut outs and clasps without cut outs.My feeling is not bad with this clasp.I have a good feeling.Perhaps "flieger" will say a few words.He is a expert with this clasps.

Regards
    Joachim

The news is encouraging, hopefully it will come out totally ok in the end,
    D.

I have just got the clasp out to look at, and not sure if you can enlarge the areas where the holes should be on your screens but it does look as if there may have been guide spots for drilling out he holes if thats how it was done. I can see 2 circles in the correct areas...but then am I wanting to see them or are they there. Would love to get it ok'd 100% for the old chap who owns it..and others he wants me to post.
    D.

?

I've just spent a bit of time looking at these and I have a found another without the drilled out areas. The hinge and pin are a match too so I am now confident in calling this an original badge.

Hi Adrian,
    Thats great, but how do you know the other one you have looked at is not a fake? I believe you, as its it our interest for you to be correct. Can you let us see the other example you have found thats not drilled out. I am really thrilled that we can call it original and not suspect. The old chap will be delighted for sure.
    Thanks for your time and effort on this it is appreciated.
    D.

?

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi Adrian,
    Thats great, but how do you know the other one you have looked at is not a fake? I believe you, as its it our interest for you to be correct. Can you let us see the other example you have found thats not drilled out. I am really thrilled that we can call it original and not suspect. The old chap will be delighted for sure.
    Thanks for your time and effort on this it is appreciated.
    D.
    I've come across a few more now so you can take your pick.......

Luftwaffe Frontflugspange für Aufklärer   Luftwaffe Frontflugspange für Aufklärer  

Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe Frontflugspange für Aufklärer  Luftwaffe Frontflugspange für Aufklärer 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast