Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Summer Eagle Stick Pin

Article about: Hello, I am new here, but have been a WWII history fan for years. Living in Japan, Germany and England during my military days. I came across this stick pin. I believe it is a "Luftwaff

dirtfisher
    ?

Default Luftwaffe Summer Eagle Stick Pin

Hello,

I am new here, but have been a WWII history fan for years. Living in Japan, Germany and England during my military days.

I came across this stick pin. I believe it is a "Luftwaffa Summer Eagle" pin. The problem is I do not know if it is a reproduction or authentic, there are no markings. I would also like some help with the history behind the pin, why was it awarded? when before WWII or after? Lastly (like everyone) what is it worth?

Luftwaffe Summer Eagle Stick PinLuftwaffe Summer Eagle Stick PinLuftwaffe Summer Eagle Stick Pin

Thank you for looking and your help,
    Dirt-Fisher

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Summer Eagle Stick Pin

Hi DF and welcome to the forum. Thank you for posting your pin.
    It is Luftwaffe, not sure what makes it a 'Summer' eagle as it looks like a regular, stylised Luft pattern eagle. I don't know much about these items but to my very untrained eye, I think it stands a chance. The knurled pin is a good sign at least!
    Hopefully, a few of the other guys or girls will be able to offer you more information.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

dirtfisher
    ?

Adrian,

Thanks for the fast responce. I found another pin searching the forum, that had summer in the title. So I included "Summer" in the title. Maybe I should have left it out. Anyway, thanks again.

DF

Looks ok to me.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Dirtfisher, welcome to the forum!

This looks to me like like a first pattern Luftwaffe eagle (called "droop tail") lapel pin worn on civilian clothing by members of the luftwaffe. Even though this style eagle was replaced by a second style (different looking) Luftwaffe eagle before the war it continued to be worn and made throughout the 3rd reich period. It is not an award per say but rather a piece you could purchase at any retailer. Unmarked pieces (large or small) are not unusual for the times so its not an issue. Looks well made of tombac (brownish toning on back) but with a welding attachement plate normally associated with zink items. I'm knowlegeable enough to say if its original or not. One thing for sure is that many makers made these pins using a variety of slightly different dies and they are also copied today

Regards

JC