Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

LW erdkampfabzeichen opinions plz

Article about: by StuG III This one looks similar to the first one posted. What's with the hole in the eagle? Tom I wondered about that very same thing. Buckshot for realism? - Of course Fischer enlightens

KSH
    ?

Default Re: LW erdkampfabzeichen opinions plz

Quote by StuG III View Post
    This one looks similar to the first one posted. What's with the hole in the eagle?
    Tom
    I wondered about that very same thing. Buckshot for realism? - Of course Fischer enlightens us once again

- Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 05-20-2011 at 08:22 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW erdkampfabzeichen opinions plz
    P
    Many

?

This badge now belongs to Chris, I hope he doesn't mind me posting it but it shows the thin buntmetal eagle in position.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW erdkampfabzeichen opinions plz   LW erdkampfabzeichen opinions plz  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Here is my example of the for lack of a better name...single rivet with oblong catch plate.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW erdkampfabzeichen opinions plz   LW erdkampfabzeichen opinions plz  

KSH
    ?

Pity about the catch on Chris' example, fine badge though. Yours is a beauty Fischer! Now we're talking

- Kenneth

?

About the first badge. It looks like a Juncker which has no eagle, which is very common, but the catch looks very crude to me. Here is mine:
    LW erdkampfabzeichen opinions plzLW erdkampfabzeichen opinions plz

Hi Guys

Cheers Kenneth...

Nice Juncker Hans, a great looking example!

Here is a couple of file pics of Juncker unmarked variants, one with the round catch plate the other has the oblong plate. Juncker did use the round plates with a type of flat wire stock for the catch. In looking at the one that started the thread, I think the catch plate is original to the badge and is the same as the first example. The "C" catch is not the same but resembles the second example with a type of curved or arced "C". I think the catch is a combination of these two. I hope this makes sense.

My opinion would be to heed the advice of Stewy, Adrian and Kenneth and probably pass on this one...Maybe it is just me but there are what looks like two indentations on the reverse for the rivet. The rivet punch on the obverse is off center and poor details as mentioned. Hopefully the A.W. example is a better representative piece.

Best Regards, fischer

LW erdkampfabzeichen opinions plz   LW erdkampfabzeichen opinions plz  

KSH
    ?

The badge in question looks much like a Juncker, but when I compare it side by side the nice Juncker posted above I feel they come from different worlds.

- Kenneth

Thank you very much all of you! I´ll passed on the badge though I do not want one with post war fitted eagle.

This is the one i bought instead.

Nice A. Wallpach addition Mike, this was a much better choice IMO. These are considered a late war variant but the details of the Adler are very nice!

Are you going to start collecting all the LGAB variants or is this one enough?

Best Regards, fischer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast