Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

LW Erdkampfabzeichen original?

Article about: Hello! I wonder if their is anyone who can help me with this one. Found it out for auction and I wonder it it´s a good one or a good replica. IMO it looks good but I´m not 100% sure because

Default LW Erdkampfabzeichen original?

Hello! I wonder if their is anyone who can help me with this one.
    Found it out for auction and I wonder it it´s a good one or a good replica. IMO it looks good but I´m not 100% sure because I´m new on this. Grateful for help.
    /Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW Erdkampfabzeichen  original?   LW Erdkampfabzeichen  original?  

LW Erdkampfabzeichen  original?   LW Erdkampfabzeichen  original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW Erdkampfabzeichen  original?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: LW Erdkampfabzeichen original?

It looks like it's trying to be an Arno Wallpach badge. I have a few reservations about it when comparing to known originals.
    The crispness is missing in certain areas, especially on the three cutouts at the top. The lightening bolt has some issues on the obverse on the stem coming from the cloud and on the horizontal section. The pin on originals has a uniform taper around the diameter on the sharp end whereas on the example you've posted it looks like it has just been snipped from a length of stock wire and has a wedge shape end.
    Can you post some pics of the hinge and catch from different angles please? On originals these were cast as part of the badge but I believe they have been added after manufacture on the example you show. At the moment I'm leaning towards it being a well made fake.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I would agree with Adrian. I tend think it is bad. My concern is the quality of the metal too.

Here is an original Arno Wallpach made badge from my collection to compare with.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW Erdkampfabzeichen  original?   LW Erdkampfabzeichen  original?  

Thank you very much adrian and adrian . I´m sorry I don´t have any other pictures. I´m glad I didn´t buy it then.
    Greetings Mike