MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Makers Mark Advice

Article about: Hey guys need some Help trying to figure out if Germany would have stop placing makers makes on medals I.E 2nd Class Iron Cross upon further review of the one i purchased last weekend there

mouse737
    ?

Default Makers Mark Advice

Hey guys need some Help trying to figure out if Germany would have stop placing makers makes on medals I.E 2nd Class Iron Cross upon further review of the one i purchased last weekend there was no makers make on the ring.... i Fear i have bought a replica... although i didn't spend much i still don't want a collection with fakes in it. Please help with some knowledge thanks

2. # ADS

Default Re: Makers Mark Advice

Hello, welcome to the forum.

Please post photos of the cross in the Eisernes Kreuz subforum. Most EKII's were unmarked so that's nothing to worry about, although there are both marked and unmarked fakes out there.

Hi Mouse, Welcome to the forum I wouldnt worry too much as crosses without maker marks were usually early war until they started marking them as part of an introduced control system.

As Mo suggests, show us a picture front and back and striaght on. We will let you know if its real or not

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

There are probably more unmarked than marked EK2's. Post a picture of front and rear (straight-on shots) and there are fine folks here who can usually identify the maker, if it is possible.
    And welcome to the forum!

?

Quote by mouse737 View Post
    Hey guys need some Help trying to figure out if Germany would have stop placing makers makes on medals I.E 2nd Class Iron Cross upon further review of the one i purchased last weekend there was no makers make on the ring.... i Fear i have bought a replica... although i didn't spend much i still don't want a collection with fakes in it. Please help with some knowledge thanks
    Hi Mouse and welcome to the forum!
    Post your cross and let's have a look at it and we can advise you if it's good or not. Regarding the makers marks, don't worry too much, as the others have said, there are more unmarked awards out there than marked and in fact the manufacturers started marked awards as opposed stopping marking them.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....