Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Marksmanship Badge Question

Article about: There is a local estate auction coming up in a week and there are two German-Occupied Austria 1944 dated Wehrmann (Military) marksmanship enamel pin badges. I had not seen these badges befor

Default Marksmanship Badge Question

There is a local estate auction coming up in a week and there are two German-Occupied Austria 1944 dated Wehrmann (Military) marksmanship enamel pin badges. I had not seen these badges before so I was wondering about these badges. Were these produced for a certain event held every year? and I assume the event was in Austria but where was it in Austria. I found several for sale online but very little information about the event they were awarded at. I included the photos the auction posted I believe them to be original because of the high quality plus the person who owned the items has a large grouping of his WWII items for sale from his ROTC days to officer cadet school and onto England and France. But since I had not seen them before I was wondering if they are rare or just not heavily collected.

Marksmanship Badge QuestionMarksmanship Badge Question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Marksmanship Badge Question
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Marksmanship Badge Question

I've never seen these before and would be interested to find out more so hopefully one of the other guys or girls can help?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Guys, I can tell you a bit about these.

The red eagle is the symbol of the Austrian Tirol region. I went there on my very first overseas holiday.

These badges were worn by the Tiroler Landesschießen & Kreisschießen together with the Standschützenverband Tirol-Vorarlberg.

The badge on the left is the three year Gau master shots award ( 3 jahre Gaumeisterschütze ) These were serial numbered if it was an awarded badge. Some on the market are unissued, un numbered peices. If numbered, I know of someone who has a list of the names to whom they were awarded. So they can be researched.

Shooting Competions were held in Gau Tirol-Vorarlberg between 1941-1943 at nine locations: Bregenz, Landeck, Schwaz, Reutte, Bludenz, Imst, Kufstein, Kitzbühel & Dornbirn.

In 1944 an additional seven more were held at: Lienz, Bozen, Brixen, Schlanders, Salurn, Meran & Bruneck.

These badges could be worn on the lapel of the jacket but also interestingly they could also be worn on cap band of the traditional Tirolian mountain hat.

Cheers, Ade.

Some more background info on the organisation, which I have added a translated link:

Google Translate

A few for sale here, of various types, to give you an idea of values:

ORGANISATIONSABZEICHEN + URKUNDEN 1870-1945 (20) : Deutsches Reich 1933 - 1945 - André Hüsken Militaria

Thank you very much for all of the information Adrian! The auction is next sunday so I plan on going and hopefully I can get them. I saw a few photos of other items and there was a grouping of US pins and patches including some photos of the man who brought these back from the war and a pair of his dogtags. I hope I can get all of these items to keep everything together. It would be nice to keep a name with everyting. Here are some photos of the other things. The auctioneer said there were some graphic photos taken at a concentration camp they did not put on the website. My guess is they will be copies and not photos taken by this man but they might be.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marksmanship Badge Question  
    Attached Images Attached Images Marksmanship Badge Question  Marksmanship Badge Question  Marksmanship Badge Question 

?

That was fairly comprehensive Ade!

Soalebm, good luck at the auction, if you win them please post some more photos?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Great info Ade I often see these badges for sale

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Good luck on your bidding!

That is a nice little group. With him being in Southern Germany (Bavaria) there is a very good chance this is legitimate group.

There are a few more for sale here:

The Collector's Guild

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Guys, I can tell you a bit about these.

..... Dornbirn.
    I dont believe a Meister in Gold from Dornbirn has been shown yet?
    Quite a rare badge indeed.
    Marksmanship Badge Question