Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika

Article about: Hi All, I'm more of a "field-gear" collector - but I just saw this: Is it original & if it is; what's the current market value of it (in this condition)? THX in advance! Fabe

?

Default Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika

Hi All,

I'm more of a "field-gear" collector - but I just saw this:

Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in AfrikaMedaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika

Is it original & if it is; what's the current market value of it (in this condition)?

THX in advance!

Fabe
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-26-2014 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika
    P
    Many

Nice early original Bronze medal with a visible makers mark on the rear. These have been appreciating rapidly recently so they usually run around 180-220 on dealers sights now. The zinc versions are usually cheaper because of there quality and finish.
    Morris

Looks legit to me!...

?

Thanks - so the (about) 75 EU price def. sounds ok - alas' I'm broke now (xmas) - but probably will be available next month as well...hopefully.

Some info on this medal - to newbies like me

" The Italian/German African campaign medal was introduced by the Italian government in the spring of 1942 to commemorate the actions of the DAK, Deutsche Afrika Korps (German Africa Corps), in Africa. As a foreign war decoration, German personnel were given pre-authorization to accept and wear the medal, if it was awarded. Of Note: After Italy’'s capitulation and declaration of war against Germany in September and October of 1943, further wear of any Italian decorations or awards was prohibited. However the prohibition wasn'’t official until regulations of March 29th 1944 restricting wear of Italian awards was authorized. Of Interest: The Feleni arch, as depicted on the reverse of the medal, was erected by Mussolini on the border between the Libyan provinces of Tripolitania and Cyrenaica in 1937 making it a most suitable emblem for this award."

75 euros sounds good to me!....

?

Hello,
    You have a nice early example!

Jody

good early one.

?

this same seller also has some other German medals, etc. - is it ok to show them in this thread?

Please start a new thread Fabe!....