Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika and Medic badge

Article about: I was given these last weekend. I think the medal was for the Afrika Korps and the smaller badge is a Medic badge. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks Burt

Default Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika and Medic badge

I was given these last weekend. I think the medal was for the Afrika Korps and the smaller badge is a Medic badge. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Burt
    Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika and Medic badgeMedaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika and Medic badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika and Medic badge
    P
    Many

Default re: Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika and Medic badge

The snake twined around a staff is a shoulder strap device for medical as you thought and the medal is that issued to the Germans for the war in N Africa, though I can't say if it is an original example.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Default Re: Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika and Medic badge

Hi Burt,

To be honest, from the photos I'm not at all convinced by the Afrika medal. The ribbon I'm sure is a modern reproduction and the medal has differences in the detail when I compare to several others here on the site. Subtle things like the shape of the armour on the two human figues, the positioning of the makers mark above the crocodile's claw, little things on the tower and the overall look and quality.

Hopefully a few others will give their thoughts too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika and Medic badge

I believe mine has the maker mark on top of the crocodile's LEFT claw... Just a note, the swastika does look funky only original examples as well.

Here is mine for comparison:
    Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika and Medic badgeMedaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika and Medic badgeMedaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika and Medic badgeMedaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika and Medic badge

I'm a bit concerned since it has very little pantena and the ribbon seems to be in near perfect condition. There also is a seam mark where it was pressed toether along the edge. I tried looking for some others like it on the fourm but only found bronze ones. Thanks for your input on this so far.

Burt

The later examples were made of zinc and had a bronze wash that wears off. Mine looks similar to yours, but as Adrian said, there are differences.

After looking at Joe's I think this is a copy. The leaves on mine are crossed opposite from joe's and the temple is too straight where Joe's is crooked. Also on the armor of mine there should be a deeper indent where the arms come together and the font looks different on mine. RATS Thanks for the pics Joe.

Burt

No problem, Burt. I wouldn't take only my word for it... but if yours does end up being bogus, you have my condolences.

Well Joe,

At least the price was right, free is always good when something turns out to be bogus. At least the medical emblem looks good.

Thanks
    Burt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast