Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille), '61' Rudolph Karneth.

Article about: Another of my Ostfront medals. This one has no envelope but is marked on the ring with "61" for Rudolph Karneth. Ralph.

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    Nice one! Check your medals, the ones with perfect finish and no bubling could be tombak. As the guys there said there are early full tombak pieces and the later kupferplatierung (zinc core copper plated) pieces. Also the sound when hitting them with your fingernail isnt the same on zinc versus the other materials.
    Last time I asked that question ( if there were different materials) I got a divinity NO ??!!
    Now I'm confused :-/
    Mfg Marc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille), '61' Rudolph Karneth.
    P
    Many

Quote by unimarc View Post
    Last time I asked that question ( if there were different materials) I got a divinity NO ??!!
    Now I'm confused :-/
    Mfg Marc
    No need for confusion Marc.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Because all are zinc ;-)!

Mfg
    Marc

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thank you!
    Where did you get this information about tombak? The guys where?
    Ralph.
    There is a very good thread on WAF. I will PM you the link.

A very good discussion but, no real proof in my opinion. Do you believe that there were some made of steel as well?
    Early tombak Ostmedaille in mint condition - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

nice medal Ralph.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    nice medal Ralph.
    Thank you Harry!
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    A very good discussion but, no real proof in my opinion. Do you believe that there were some made of steel as well?
    Early tombak Ostmedaille in mint condition - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Ralph.
    Well steel no, but i think tombak yes. We have the Westwall in tombak and zinc, KVK's, black wound badges in all materials... why not Ost?

One thing that bothers me in the WAF thread is the statement that “early” pieces could be made of tombac. If the Ostmedaille was instituted in May 1942 we are in the middle of the war, so is this “early”. The other medals like West Wall, KVK and Wound Badge had been around since 1939 when tombac pieces where more common.

But that does not say that there cannot be some tombac versions out there. But so far I have not seen any real proof of this.

/Jonas

Quote by spunkmaja View Post
    One thing that bothers me in the WAF thread is the statement that “early” pieces could be made of tombac. If the Ostmedaille was instituted in May 1942 we are in the middle of the war, so is this “early”. The other medals like West Wall, KVK and Wound Badge had been around since 1939 when tombac pieces where more common.

But that does not say that there cannot be some tombac versions out there. But so far I have not seen any real proof of this.

/Jonas
    My thoughts exactly Jonas.
    Ralph.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast