Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - Russian Front Medal. OM3

Article about: As promised I took some pictures of the Ostmedailles in my collection and based on the fantastic database compiled by Sindri, I was able to ID 2 of the 4.. I will post each one separately fo

Default Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - Russian Front Medal. OM3

As promised I took some pictures of the Ostmedailles in my collection and based on the fantastic database compiled by Sindri, I was able to ID 2 of the 4..

I will post each one separately for everyone..

The first one I have is stamped 3 on the suspension ring and based on the database information, the maker of this medal is Wilhelm Deumer from Ludenscheid.

Unfortunately there is glue residue on the ribbon where it was glued to a board at one time. This was given to me from a friend at no cost so I was happy to add this to my collection.

It wasn't until just recently that I had discovered the number stamps in the suspension rings, so this led me to look at the other decorations and awards in my collection to see what I have...

Comments and feedback are welcome as I am pretty sure my observations are correct, but as mentioned before, the Third Reich is not my primary collecting focus...

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - Russian Front Medal. OM3   Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - Russian Front Medal. OM3  

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - Russian Front Medal. OM3   Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - Russian Front Medal. OM3  

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - Russian Front Medal. OM3  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - Russian Front Medal. OM3
    P
    Many

Hi Smitty

You are right.
    The stamp looks good.
    The pictures are quite overexposed due to the flash and not with the ideal focus. Its pretty hard to determine from the pics but looks ok.
    Big daylight pictures or scans make the best results.

So a cautious thumbs up from me

I will take some better pics tomorrow..

Thanks again

Smitty

EDIT: Mistakenly posted this on the wrong thread. The amount of Ostmedaille threads on the forum recently appears to have fried my brain. Feel free to delete this.

B.B.