Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege

Article about: After chasing the more exotic military awards around for a few years now I have recently taken a shine to the more often overlooked civil awards. Hence my landing yesterday of a nice, fresh

Default Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege

After chasing the more exotic military awards around for a few years now I have recently taken a shine to the more often overlooked civil awards. Hence my landing yesterday of a nice, fresh medal to the German Social Welfare Decoration. I suspect this example has never been worn as it has a full length ribbon stitched inside itself to result in a short length that is stitched to the needle device. I note also that the needle appears unlike those usually found attched to military award ribbons, i.e the 'squarer', copper coloured needle device. Sadly unmarked, this example will soon find itself proudly framed with the rest of my civil awards.

Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege
    P
    Many

nice medal Glenn a strange clip?.

An interesting one certainly, I would be keen to see if other owners of this award have similar attachment devices.

?

Nice piece Glenn and well photographed. Did these come with a pin attached because this looks like a home made attachment?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Great looking award and thanks for sharing!...

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Nice piece Glenn and well photographed. Did these come with a pin attached because this looks like a home made attachment?
    It could be Adrian, I just don't know (guess I better get onto that 'search' function eh?)

It is curious that the ribbon hasn't been shortened and is still full-length, just folded inside itself and the pin stitched on at the top.

?

I have looked at these myself Glenn but never got around to getting 1 like you do...But I must say it is a nice looking medal which doesn't cost too much either..Thanks for photos too. Cheers Terry.

Hi Glenn , I do not have one of these either but it is a good looking award and as you say , the condition of this one is fantastic! Leon.

Thanks guys! For less than $100 I think these are neat little additions to anyones collection.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Thanks guys! For less than $100 I think these are neat little additions to anyones collection.
    I agree. A relatively cheap award that is not so common, and still appealing, too. You have a very nice example which is made more interesting by its strange pin configuration; congratulations.