Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Medaille zur Erinnerung Memellandes

Article about: Very nice Memelland medal. Add the case and award document and you've gotten yourself a terrific addition to your collection. Congratulations! Thanks for showing. It's great to see what look

Default Re: Medaille zur Erinnerung Memellandes

Very nice Memelland medal. Add the case and award document and you've gotten yourself a terrific addition to your collection. Congratulations!
    Thanks for showing. It's great to see what looks like a real example of this rare piece.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille zur Erinnerung Memellandes
    P
    Many

Only 31,000 awarded, that is quite a rare medal and in very nice condition!...

One of the difficulties with the Memel medal is that they hit dealer shelves quite infrequently and are usually quickly snapped up which leave precious little time for posting and discussion on a forum hence you need to be quite comfortable with what you are looking at in the first place.

The myriad of threads most notably on the WAF only lead to confusion amidst the cries of fake and subsequent counter arguement yet the above link to the Antonio Scapini database appears to provide a ready reference to accepted originals.

In most cases be prepared to spend around $500 for a good example and as the thread starter is a complete emsemble (even rarer) it will be a long wait if one intends to hold out for a similar set.

.ok glenn,having gone through the datar base I concede defeat,I was wrongthere are always things to learnin this game thats what makes it interesting.

Hi Harry, please don't think I was having a shot at you earlier, the Memel subject is a vile and treacherous place where I am far from being anywhere near educated. I only base the confidence in my own example from some dedicated internet research and an aversion to forum 'trends'.

I actually found an original Memelland medal, but it wasn't worth to me the price of 3 EK2's to obtain. Gotta focus!

I'm not kidding when I say that we just sold one for $80.00 or $85.00...can't remember. Just because some dealers are asking 'X' amount doesn't mean that is what something SHOULD be sold for. That is my take on it at least...I don't do this for a living either...so I am sure that has something to do with it.

Funny thing is that it sat for a few days before it sold...I though that was pretty funny!

Here it is...a 'Straight G - Type 7' according to Antonio Scapini...

Chrys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medaille zur Erinnerung Memellandes   Medaille zur Erinnerung Memellandes  

Medaille zur Erinnerung Memellandes  

?

I guess a piece is worth whatever someone it willing to pay for it. I don't find these medals particulary appealing and therefore wouldn't pay a premium to own one or in fact any award I.m not keen on.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

hi glen no problem,I am always willing to learn even after all these years,I think some of the old guides are now very out of date compared to what we now know[or learn.Lol]

I agree, I refused to pay the exorbitant (in my view) price requested for this medal. It simply is not that important to me. $80-85 I wouldn't have a problem with. Give me another EK or a long-service medal instead!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast