Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Medaille zur Erinnerung Memellandes

Article about: Very nice Memelland medal. Add the case and award document and you've gotten yourself a terrific addition to your collection. Congratulations! Thanks for showing. It's great to see what look

Default Re: Medaille zur Erinnerung Memellandes

Each collector have there own interest. I just need to complete the flower set and was able to buy this one in holland from another collector. I woudnt pay dealer price's i think they are a bit high.
    That said i saw a memel go yesterday ingel parade mount on another forum for €350. I geus Adrian is right a piece is worth whatever someone it willing to pay for it in the end.

Dont forget this medel is only awarded 31.000 times much more less the other awards.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

The only reason for the high price of these medals is the rarity of the piece which governs the price of many TR awards. Collectors of certain pieces will pay top end to add such a piece to their chosen area of collecting.
    I've done it in the past and will probably do it again in the future as to me, those rare pieces are worth the money. Others may question my choice but at the end, the choice is down to the individual. Sometimes in these situations the odds of shopping around for a better price are negated by availability so we have to pay the price.

I am the guy that has spent nearly a grand on a tinnie...so I know 100% what you are saying. Rare is rare...but 31,000 is not that rare in my opinion. I personally have WHW tinnies that there may only be 12 in existence...that is rare. I think the word 'rare' gets used too many times in this hobby today to inflate prices. It all boils down to supply and demand...if there are enough people who are willing to pay $300.00 for this medal then that is what the market will bring.

I just checked my records and I actually paid $400 for my example plus another $36 for a new ribbon that Lakeside Trader had a few of at the time.

When you have a burning need to complete a collection then you have to be willing to pay the price and having only the Sudetenland and Anchluss medals by themselves was a source of frustration. I had a similar experience with my Faithfull Service award group, the 25 and 40 year were nice but I HAD to have the 50 year also and of course I paid through the nose for that!

Fortunately I am able to control the collection completion desire when it comes to Gold CCC or NSDAP long service in gold!

Glen you have my admiration,I want one to complete my ones but damed if I would pay that for it.good on yer.

Its a Fake.

?

Quote by DerStuermer View Post
    Its a Fake.
    Because......?

Its a Fake.
    Explain...because I believe that you would be the only one thinking this.

Its a Fake.
    This should be interesting....

Tom

Its a Fake.
    I couldn't resist....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast