Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Medal bar

Article about: hello. I signed in yesterday and just a few minutes ago, I got a helpful hint on a mostly fake helmet. Now I want to know, if this medal bar could be a good one...

Default Medal bar

hello.

I signed in yesterday and just a few minutes ago, I got a helpful hint on a mostly fake helmet.
    Now I want to know, if this medal bar could be a good one...Medal barMedal bar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal bar
    P
    Many

Default Re: Medal bar

Not in my opinion,,,,SS embroidered Runic wrong style,Party awards look reproduction,Austrian occupation has a chance of being good as well as the Czech occupation medal,but i cant see the details too well on this one,,so overall i give this a thumbs down...

?

The SS medal is definitely wrong in all aspects and looks like an addition to what might be a good ribbon bar. I can't make out the weave of the ribbons to be absolutely sure though. Can you post any clearer photos?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

From here the two NSDAP awards look promising but closer pics are needed

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello and thank you for your help.
    I got the pictures from the one, who is offering it to me. I can ask for clearer pica, maybe he will send them to me.
    Greetings from germany

Grenzwolf

?

More photos would be welcome for study purposes but from the initial photos I would advise against buying it due to the addition of the SS medal.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Also look at the dirt that got on to the other medal ribbons, and how clean the ss runes are....
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Yes, I see, what you mean. Could it be, that someone(maybe the offerer) just puts together the party medals with the occupation-medals and sews them together with the 12 year service medal to lift the price? I asked for more detailed pics of the party medals. Do you think, they could be allright?

Greetings

Mark

Hi Mark, you are correct. People make up medal bars with some original awards and then add a high or rare award (usually fake) to lift the value.

I don't like the brass pin with the clipped catch nor the SS medal or the blanket type material on the back.

Cheers, Ade.

Yes, the ultra pristine material on the back got my fake-o-meter registering big time!