Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Medal bar

Article about: I picked this up today with a few other things. Thoughts if it is real, I know the last one is the Sudetenland award and do you think the EK2 or the other one went on the bar. Marty

Default Medal bar

I picked this up today with a few other things. Thoughts if it is real, I know the last one is the Sudetenland award and do you think the EK2 or the other one went on the bar.
    Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal bar   Medal bar  

Medal bar  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal bar
    P
    Many

?

I would like to see the reverse of the war merit cross. It looks interesting and doesn’t fit in if a 4 year service medal is meant to go with the blue ribbon

I don't think the KVK belongs with this medal bar. The EK II very likely does belong with it, as the shredding in the center of the ribbon appears synonymous with it having broken off. The central ribbon is for the Wehrmacht-Dienstauszeichnung, or Long Service Award. You sometimes see them with miniature eagles pinned to them to denote the branch of service.

Medal bar

As for authenticity, the ribbons appear to be of period-correct weave. At least in comparison to the ribbons I have in my own collection. The scalloped edges, or lack thereof, are usually the giveaway.

Regards, B.B.

I do not think the war medit cross is real, if real it as been heavily cleaned.
    Sorry for the up side down pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal bar   Medal bar  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

It is real . Just some bloke has drilled a hole presumably to attach to the ribbon bar . But I cant understand why like . Unless the kvk2 also lost its ring

Yes, the blue ribbon in the middle could be of Wehrmacht long service medal (but then should have an eagle device), as well of civilian faithful service cross. Also RAD (Reichsarbeitdienst) medal had same dark blue ribbon, and both police and customs/border guard long service crosses.

regrads
    Tomasz
    https://tompress.shop - updates Thursdays at 8 pm CET