Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Medal bar: EKII, Czech and Austrian Annex medals, and Memel medal

Article about: Sorry Adrian, I have no idea what the 'annexation' medals are in German. This was among several cool things I found at a local antique shop today. The asking price is \\$300. I can't afford it

Default Medal bar: EKII, Czech and Austrian Annex medals, and Memel medal

Sorry Adrian, I have no idea what the 'annexation' medals are in German.

This was among several cool things I found at a local antique shop today. The asking price is $300. I can't afford it, but it seems like a great deal.

Can anyone identify the maker of the EKII? I don't know how you EK guys do that but it's pretty impressive. I apologize for the poor pictures. All I had was the camera on my phone.

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal bar: EKII, Czech and Austrian Annex medals, and Memel medal   Medal bar: EKII, Czech and Austrian Annex medals, and Memel medal  

Medal bar: EKII, Czech and Austrian Annex medals, and Memel medal   Medal bar: EKII, Czech and Austrian Annex medals, and Memel medal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal bar: EKII, Czech and Austrian Annex medals, and Memel medal
    P
    Many

Default Re: Medal bar: EKII, Czech and Austrian Annex medals, and Memel medal

Just wonder what do you think is good about it??
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hi Mo, I cannot help on the EKII. But to be awarded all three "Flower War" medals is unusual.

The price if these are all right is very good.

Entry into Austria: Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938

Entry into Czechoslovakia: Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938

Memel Medal: Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkerhr des Memllandes 22. März 1939

Cheers, Ade.

Good as in original, or good as in the Memel Medal?

To be honest, I know more about combat badges than medals and EK's. I was just hoping to find some info on these. I realize the pictures aren't the best. I am actually going to be back there tomorrow, so I will take my camera along and take some better pictures of everything. From what I have heard, the Memel Medal is somewhat controversial.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mo, I cannot help on the EKII. But to be awarded all three "Flower War" medals is unusual.

The price if these are all right is very good.

Entry into Austria: Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938

Entry into Czechoslovakia: Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938

Memel Medal: Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkerhr des Memllandes 22. März 1939

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks, Ade. I will get better pictures tomorrow of the fronts and backs of each medal. I was unable to find a maker's mark on the EKII.

The Memel medal is by far the rarest of the three. Only around 30,000 awarded. Well faked too.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I have no idea about the Flower War medals and obviously better photos of them would be very helpful. As Ade says, to have all three awarded is unusual, I've never come across this before and is it unusual to just have an EK2 for company? I have no idea, maybe if the recipient was killed shortly after perhaps.
    You will need to post some pics of the back of the bar too, it might be a made up grouping.
    Anyway, onto the EK2. This is an interesting one. It is a Schinkel cross by an unknown maker commonly referred to as the the 'Halbschinkel' or Half Schinkel. These are quite rare and probably worth the $300 by itself. I would like to see better photos so I can match the beading to my example but the dates are an absolute match, see below. If you can, try and save the money!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal bar: EKII, Czech and Austrian Annex medals, and Memel medal   Medal bar: EKII, Czech and Austrian Annex medals, and Memel medal  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree with Adrian Mo, I would probably make a risky investment due to the Halb Schinkel!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I like this medal bar. Surely the EKII is original, a well known Schinkel, exactly the same type showed by Adrian, I think there is just a frame type.
    I 'm not so expert of these medals but from this pic they looks good. A good pic of back side of medals and of the bar are needed.

?

Yes, the Memel would be a cracking pick up. As stated above, only 30,000 were awarded. Compare that to the million Czech annexation awards and you will see why it is so coveted. And even the Czech and Austrian awards are collectable. Wait on the better shots though as there are some quite good quality reproductions available so rather don't chance your arm just yet.

Regards,

Carl

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast