Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Medal lot found fakes or real?

Article about: I bought a box of medals many years ago. Mostly swedish but in the box there were also some german WWII medals. Iam aware that there are alot of fakes out there. The swedish medals in the bo

kjf
    ?

Default Medal lot found fakes or real?

I bought a box of medals many years ago. Mostly swedish but in the box there were also some german WWII medals. Iam aware that there are alot of fakes out there. The swedish medals in the box was genuine and it came from a famous collector. What do you think? Is there a slightest chance that my medals are real?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal lot found fakes or real?   Medal lot found fakes or real?  

Medal lot found fakes or real?   Medal lot found fakes or real?  

Medal lot found fakes or real?   Medal lot found fakes or real?  

2. # ADS

The DRK is the only one that stands a chance, the others are poor fakes.

I would give the DRK a pass as well....sorry.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Post war Souval creations I'm afraid.

cheers

Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

You guys are missing the tagungsabzeichen...it is from Gau Sachsen and was sold in 1936. It is 100% original...probably the only thing in these photos that is.

I agree,its the only 1 Ilike.

Quote by winterhilfswerk Book View Post
    You guys are missing the tagungsabzeichen...it is from Gau Sachsen and was sold in 1936. It is 100% original...probably the only thing in these photos that is.
    I was wondering which one of you would spot that........

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

For all anyone knows, it could say "Made in Hong Kong" on the back....Personally, I don't like the soft details and weak strike-especially by the sword guard.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have handled literally thousands of tinnies...I have never seen ONE that was marked 'Hong Kong' (I'm sure that you say this in jest anyways). I would buy it based upon what I see here...you have to remember that hundreds of thousands of this one specific piece was produced in a short period of time (likely days). The quality of tinnies is all over the map....some are works of art and some look like they were a 5th grade art project.

But this is just my .02 cents worth of course.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    For all anyone knows, it could say "Made in Hong Kong" on the back....Personally, I don't like the soft details and weak strike-especially by the sword guard.

Here is one that is going into our tinnie book right now. You can see that the details on it are about the same as the one the OP posted for review. His was upside down though...you can read it a lot better right side up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast