Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medal ribbon bar

Article about: Hopefully someone here will know the answer to this easy question. The attached medal ribbon bar appears strange to me, as in it has the WW.1 and WW.2 EK ribbons alongside each other and I d

Default Medal ribbon bar

Hopefully someone here will know the answer to this easy question. The attached medal ribbon bar appears strange to me, as in it has the WW.1 and WW.2 EK ribbons alongside each other and I don't recall seeing this before. I don't know the medal etiquette with regards to ribbons etc, so I'd like to know if this is correct or possible. The bar appears original and unplayed with, but it struck me as unusual.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal ribbon bar  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal ribbon bar
    P
    Many

The second ribbon is not for the 1939 EK2, but for the Prussian Red Cross Medal 3rd Class. (Note the red outer stripes, obscured on the left side by the EK ribbon.)

The Prussian Rote-Kreuz-Medaille of 1898

Thanks HPL2008, I knew the Forum would throw up an answer. Thats perfect, the Prussian Rore Kreuz Medaille of 1898 is not one I know. I just saw a ww.2 ek2 ribbon till you pointed out the difference.
    Much happier now,
    Thank you.
    D