MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Medal Storage

Article about: So I was wondering, how do you store your medals and the like. I'm trying to figure out what I should do. I live in Arizona, so it's basically dry desert all the time.

millertime021
    ?

Default Medal Storage

So I was wondering, how do you store your medals and the like. I'm trying to figure out what I should do.

I live in Arizona, so it's basically dry desert all the time.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Medal Storage

Nothing fancy here yet but I always wrap mine up in some sturdy paper-towels which helps keeping them from "sweating" as well as keeps dust and other foreign particles out of the details and also I gently wipe them down with a 100% only-cotton cloth so as to not allow skin oils to remain on the badges thus causing them to slowly tarnish.

After wrapping each award using a good brand of paper-towels, I then place them in Zip-lock plastic bags and then seal them off with as little air inside the bags as possible.

After that, I gently store them in my smallish Safe ;-)) I now need a bigger one for the collection but have not forced myself into spending the cash on one because I still have a "need" to "feed" my passion for collecting more German stuff.