Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Memeland medaille real or fake?

Article about: Hello. This medal is for sale. I belive is fake. Please,your opinion. Thanks,any comment is welcome. Recards,Jannis.

Default Memeland medaille real or fake?

Hello.
    This medal is for sale.
    I belive is fake.
    Please,your opinion.
    Thanks,any comment is welcome.
    Recards,Jannis.

Memeland medaille real or fake? Memeland medaille real or fake?

Memeland medaille real or fake? Memeland medaille real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Memeland medaille real or fake?
    P
    Many

Admittedly I have no experience with this medal. But looking through this information on the award it looks good to me IMO. I think it compares well to the other original medals shown on the page? We ll see what others think. Best regards.

Brian

"THE MEMEL MEDAL 1939" AT WWW.JamieCrossCollectables.co.uk

MAP
    ?

I've been on the look out for one of these for years. Have studied them "a bit" and not enough to give you a definitive answer.

That said, my "observations" on this award that I would want to get checked out by others is that it seems way to sharp and detailed (typically fakes lack detail )

Compare to the link and other examples found here at WRF. A nice link is below

Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes

Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes

Better straight on photos would help.

Here are some areas that just don't match up to an the "original" in Brian's link (assuming it is original) and from what I could see from the other links I provided above. I could have marked it up even more.

But there are different makers and variations, so maybe that will account for these differences I highlighted I noted...I would wait for more opinions.

Memeland medaille real or fake?Memeland medaille real or fake?
    Last edited by MAP; 08-20-2017 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Pre-K Grammar mistakes
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Might be the angle of the photo, but I don't like the reverse.... wtiting seems too "wonky" to me ?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Memeland medaille real or fake?Memeland medaille real or fake?Memeland medaille real or fake?Memeland medaille real or fake?

Comparison photos of one deemed original on WAF. Agree with Michael better more experienced eyes will help.

Brian

Memeland medal OK? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

MAP
    ?

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Memeland medaille real or fake?Memeland medaille real or fake?Memeland medaille real or fake?Memeland medaille real or fake?

Comparison photos of one deemed original on WAF. Agree with Michael better more experienced eyes will help.

Brian

Memeland medal OK? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    These awards are (to me) all about their subtlety... very art deco in style, smooth lines blending into the background. The OP's, from the photos I see, are quite angular and overly defined.
    Last edited by MAP; 08-20-2017 at 10:25 PM.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Look at the poorly shaped '22'...... unless this is from an alternatve coining die, I would call foul.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Yes, I totally agree with the font observation and especially the '22'. To me these are red flags.

Regards, Rik

Quote by MAP View Post
    These awards are (to me) all about their subtlety... very art deco in style, smooth lines blending into the background. The OP's, from the photos I see, quite angular and overly defined.
    I agree with you Michael the details seem forced/overly pronounced, the more I look at the other examples declared good. I half to say though the aging on it looks honest. The medal and case. But it's not like the fakers can't reproduce that as well.

Brian
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-21-2017 at 02:20 AM.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Look at the poorly shaped '22'...... unless this is from an alternatve coining die, I would call foul.

Dan
    Good points Dan. I didn't even look at the reverse. I think this wraps it up.

But wonder about the box and ribbon. I would have to assume those are bad as well. But not sure....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast