Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mit Hitler in Coburg

Article about: I'm in the posting mood today so I thought that I would post my Coburg collection. Some of the items I have posted in the art forum but I think they belong here as well. I hope you enjoy the

Default Re: Mit hitler in coburg

Thanks Erich!

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mit Hitler in Coburg
    P
    Many

Ade, after taking to another Collector with many more years in the hobby than me, has only seen two of these badges including this one. These badges were probably thrown away when the recipient received the Coburg Badge.

Hi Erich, I have never seen one of these before, until you showed yours, and I have been at this 35 years.

I suspect you are right and these got discarded.

Cheers, Ade.

Anyting related to the "Battle of Coburg" is as rare as hens teeth. My pieces came out of old collections that came to market in the last few years and hopefully won't be on the market again for another 30yrs!

Thought that I would share a couple of new additions to my Coburg collection.

A plaque from the 20th anniversary of the Battle.

A Christmas greeting card from 1940 from the Kreisleiter of Coburg.

As you can guess, anything related to the Battle of Coburg is very rare and doesn't become available all too often!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mit Hitler in Coburg   Mit Hitler in Coburg  

Mit Hitler in Coburg   Mit Hitler in Coburg  

Hi Erich your knowledge here is always a benefit. Too many if not all History books leave out the "Battle of Coburg" and from 1921 in party hall meetings,, History skips over Coburg and goes right to 1923 The Beer Hall Putsch" and then to "Feldhernhalle Nov 9" These 2 dates are the most recognizable. I myself never knew anything about the battle Of Coburg until I have seen some of your rare medals. I feel this is great that you keep this period in History alive,, which is a vital part in the early movement. Knowing you myself, I know you would never settle for anything less than near perfect,, to Mint. Thanks for posting these Erich. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for your kind words Larry, if Hitler and his young party were defeated in the street battles by the Reds at Coburg in 1922 there would have been no more Hitler, party, Putsch or possibly WW2. So this was the 1st victory for Hitler and the NSDAP and which set the stage for the coming of the TR.

One final point regarding the Coburg badge. The badge was designed by Hitler and personally handed out to the participants of the Battle at the 10th anniversary celebration in 1932.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2