Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mothers Cross (Ehrenkreuz der deutschen Mutter)

Article about: yay it finally came in the mail today!!!! what would be a safe way to clean this up a little bit? and also thinking that the ribbon could be replacement, it looks different from some of the

Default Mothers Cross (Ehrenkreuz der deutschen Mutter)

yay it finally came in the mail today!!!! what would be a safe way to clean this up a little bit? and also thinking that the ribbon could be replacement, it looks different from some of the other pics ive seen

"Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mothers Cross (Ehrenkreuz der deutschen Mutter)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mothers Cross (Ehrenkreuz der deutschen Mutter)
    P
    Many

Default Re: mother cross

The medal has honest age. If it were mine, I would leave it as is. That is 65+ years of age patina. I cannot comment on the neck ribbon as little is visible in your picture
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

if you want to,use can use sudsy ammonia,,,that is a safe way to clean medals and badges,etc,,,,Robert

You should really leave that nice patina the way it is.. I also think that, from seeing the other pictures, that the ribbon is a nice original.

Regards,
    Finn

?

Unless the dirt you want to clean off is surface grime only I wouldn't clean it at all - it looks absolutely fine and in good condition.
    Surface dirt can be cleaned off with a gentle circular motion of a soft bristle toothbrush and mild soapy water. Dry the medal well afterwards and don't immerse it in water. Please don't remove the patina of time from the cross, if you want a mint example buy one, please don't 'improve' a dirty one.
    The ribbon looks fine from the small section in the photo.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes you are all absolutely right!!! I should not mess with its color, it is aged to perfection!! It had a little bit of bluish gunk on it and I just wiped it gently with some muslin cloth. I liked the cross from just looking at pictures but now after actually holding it and seeing up close I love it to death, and I am excited to show my opa, although he has probably seen them before!!! And also, this seems to be one of the few medals that does not have the red black and white color scheme!
    Once again thank you all for ur knowledge!!

Very nice purchase emerika, and as the boys advise, I would leave it as it is too

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

It is a nice example indeed and I am with Bob and the others to, leave it the way it is.

Nice one emerika!

Default Re: Mothers Cross (Ehrenkreuz der deutschen Mutter)

thanx all! i love it! so i was wondering if all the mother crosses were issued in 1938 0r was it 36? dont have it in front of me? or did they have different years they were dispersed

?

Default Re: Mothers Cross (Ehrenkreuz der deutschen Mutter)

They were instituted on 6th December 1938 and issued throughout the war on the birthday of Hitler's mother and also on Mother's Day.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast