Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)

Article about: Mussert Bravery Cross in original box - medal in very good condition + box in poor condition. Inscribed w/ "Hou En Trou Mussert 1941". NO M.M. Pics below <item #148> I am pre

Default Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)

Mussert Bravery Cross in original box - medal in very good condition + box in poor condition. Inscribed w/ "Hou En Trou Mussert 1941". NO M.M.

Pics below <item #148>

I am pretty sure this piece is authentic. Can anybody confirm or report otherwise? What would value be today? I think this was purchased in 1993 for $536 USD.

Thanks
    KP
    Attached Images Attached Images Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)  Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)  Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)  Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)  Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)  Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)  Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)  Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)  Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)  Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)

Not that shure thise one is genuine....
    Prices do go between 450 up to 1500 € due to the many fakes that have been made.
    The ring between the ribbon and the medal should have a "teardrop" shape, thise one seems just round.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I wouldnt say the loop on mine looks like a tear drop.. but its kind of flat on one side of the loop and then turns into a perfect circular shape. The flat side is on the end that is connected to the actual medal. The loop is also very hard to move around through the medal. I didnt want to try too roughly though but its pretty much stationary unless I took a hammer to it or something.

Any other clues on things to look for to determine authenticity of these types of medals?

Hello KP

Your cross is the one considered the second type cross and is normally found with the baton in the maroon box. This cross IMO is 100% original.
    One way to tell if the cross is good or not is in the enamel. You can also see differences in the wreath center-points, different leaf styles and scalloped edges.

If you look at the examples below you can see the difference in the stippling of the red enamel. The first two are considered good with the third one being a post war made example.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)   Mussert Bravery Cross - in orig box(?)  

I like it ........................and agree with Fischer .!

An on-line auction estimate for one was between $400 - $800.
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks!

Is it true these were never really issued but a big box of them were found buried sometime after the war?