Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Mutterehrenkreuz

Article about: I would appreciate some input on this wartime rellic. The history behind my obtaining this piece is rather simple; I had received it from the American G.I. who had found it and brought it ba

Default Mutterehrenkreuz

I would appreciate some input on this wartime rellic. The history behind my obtaining this piece is rather simple; I had received it from the American G.I. who had found it and brought it back after WWII. He had discovered it in the rubble of a home somewhere in Lower Bavaria, wasn't certain of exactly when, and felt that it was worthwhile saving it. That's it, end of story.

Sorry that the pictures are not of better quality.

Name:  MC1.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  27.2 KBName:  MCXX.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  21.7 KBName:  DMC3cX.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  15.9 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

its been there,look after it.

?

She has seen the war for sure!

An MK with a tale to tell

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

A badly damaged Mutterkreuz that looks like it was retrieved from a pile of rubble!

Not much input to put in unfortunately.

I'm hope that the mother who wore this survived the bombing and war; for her children's sake. I cherish a piece such as this more than a nice minty one; unless it has the provenance to a recipient.

Even though battered a very nice keep sake, my own mothers cross is damaged but not as badly as this one!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

bronze or gold? Im leaning bronze..

When view under bright lighting it appears to be more like the gilded version.