Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Mutterkreuz.

Article about: I inherited my collection of WW2 memorabilia about 5 years ago (some items earlier) from my grandfather. Each piece was directly brought back to the U.S. by my grandfather, at the end of the

?

Default Mutterkreuz.

I inherited my collection of WW2 memorabilia about 5 years ago (some items earlier) from my grandfather. Each piece was directly brought back to the U.S. by my grandfather, at the end of the war.

These are two "Cross[es] of Honor of the German Mother'" (aka, The Mothers Cross). From what I've read online, these crosses were instituted on 16 December 1938 as part of Hitler's initiative to encourage Aryan population growth. A mother could be awarded a bronze (4-5), silver (6-7), or gold (8+) cross depending on the number of children she had borne.

These two crosses appear to be the gold (8+) type. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gaines
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mutterkreuz.   Mutterkreuz.  

Mutterkreuz.   Mutterkreuz.  

Mutterkreuz.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 07-18-2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mutterkreuz.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Mothers Cross

They both look in excellent condition Gaines.
    Can you take any pics in natural light when possible? It will bring out the colour much better.
    For more information go to www.dasmutterkreuz.com - the owner - Rick is a member here and has put together a very good reference site for the Mutterkreuz.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Mutterkreuz.

Very nice to see two cased golds together in such good condition

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Very nice crosses indeed!

Cheers,
    Rick

?

AdrianC, thanks for the information; I got in touch with Rick. I haven't had a chance to take some pictures in natural light. I'll post some new ones soon.

Gaines

Some very nice gold mothers crosses you ahve there. Real neat that they are tied to your grandfather! Could you possible tell/show us what other items you inherited from him?

Regards,
    Finn

That is amazing! thanks very much for sharing your stories and items. Keep great care of them and cherish them, which I am sure you are already doing

Regards,
    Finn