Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mutterkreuz

Article about: Hi Guys I am here again asking for your help . Could you please tell me if these medals are good or bad as I have a chance of purchasing them . I know there are lots of books to look at but

Default Mutterkreuz

Hi Guys I am here again asking for your help . Could you please tell me if these medals are good or bad as I have a chance of purchasing them . I know there are lots of books to look at but i don’t think there is anything better than the experience you guys have between you.
    Im not sure about the detail of the silver and bronze lines around the swastikas. Sorry if the pictures don’t come up good there not mine.
    Thanks in advance Rod
    Mutterkreuz
    Mutterkreuz
    sorry don't know how i got two pictures the same
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mutterkreuz  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mutterkreuz
    P
    Many

Default Re: Mutterkreuz

I see no problem with them.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Hi Rod,
    They look ok from these pics. It would be helpful to know if you can see the graining under the blue enamel though, I can't make it out from the above.
    I think the only original ribbon is on the bronze medal, the other two ribbons look like modern produced types but I could be wrong. If you can ask the seller to send you some pics of each one individually it will help. I'm not keen on the fact the silver is all but covered up by the other two. No reason to do this IMO.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes im not sure why he has covered the silver one as well. but he assures me the enamel is spot on with all of them. When I magnify the pictures there appears to be hundreds of little dots in the blue enamel is that what you mean by graining Adrian.
    What do you make of the blurred silver line around the black of the swastika corrosion? On the pictures i got they look bad magnified i wasn’t sure what to make of it. The bronze one has a very sight flaw on the same part. In all fairness he did say that some of his medals have repo ribbons . what do think of the value of these.
    Its just that with everything being reproduced i am very wary with everything.
    Thanks Rod

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    When I magnify the pictures there appears to be hundreds of little dots in the blue enamel is that what you mean by graining Adrian?
    What do you make of the blurred silver line around the black of the swastika corrosion?
    What do think of the value of these?
    Its just that with everything being reproduced i am very wary with everything.
    Yes, you should see some marks or graining under the enamel, does it look like the example pictured below? The blurred edge I'm curious about, it might be corrosion or just a poorly made cross, quality varied from maker to maker. I'm wary of giving a value unless you can get better pics from the seller just to be sure. These aren't the most faked award due to their low value and abundance on the market but fakes do crop up from time to time, usually quite easy to spot. I'm 95% sure these are ok.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mutterkreuz  

No Adrian your looks more like small scale texture under the enamel these haven’t got that and i can magnify them as much as i can magnify yours, what do you think ?
    Thanks for the help

?

I'm fairly sure they're ok. The texture under the enamel does vary in size, density, pattern and direction from cross to cross. If you can't get better pics from the seller the best I suggest would be to agree a price and also a returns deal if they're not good. Post some better pics and if the guys here agree they're ok then good - if not - return them for a refund.
    If you do ask the seller for better photos, ask for individual shots of the obverses with no glare, even a slight angle like my shot will be ok. If you get those details then we stand a good chance of being able to give a or a .

I should probably not say a thing but the Silver bothers me.
    From what I see it looks like the 'points' in places are deteriorating, among other places.
    It should not be covered and I would question that. You can see some of the same on the
    both sides.
    The other two look better to me. Do like Adrian said and get better pics.

Good luck ... Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

Thank very much guys for the advice, I will do that and see what happens .
    cheers Rod

?

I looked at this very late last night so i waited to see it more clearly with better eyes, to me it appears that the "silver" is bleeding into the surroundings and although silver is a relatively soft metal, it appears to me that there is some form of chemical reaction going on, almost causing the finish to melt similar to that of runny paint, personally i would pass on this one, theres much better condition ones around and with authentic ribbons, and i think for that very reason the dealer or seller wanted the two other awards to be more prominant hence the obscured award

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast