Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mutterkreuz Bronze & Silver

Article about: Hi all, Just picked up these two Mutterkreuz. The bronze has the original ribbon, which looks in really good condition, and both have paper envelopes. Just need a gold to complete my set

I just took some much better photos. In the daylight you can see the blue stipling effect in the enamel, but it is much darker than the bronze cross.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mutterkreuz Bronze & Silver
    P
    Many

The "D" and "e" in Der, "t" and "r" in Mutter, all seem to have metal defects connecting them to the border of the surrounding circle. Would these errors happen on originals?

?

I would agree with Avenger's comments - the front lettering looks to be lacking the usual crispness.

I tend to agree, looking at other members crosses. However it also looks like that part of the cross is quite worn down (the height on the bronze lettering is taller). So I don't know anymore

Based on all those small holes in the enamel and also some on the backside i think it's a fake cross.
    Still i have doubt this is by far close to a original even the engraving on the back looks almost perfect the ber in the month are off.

I will ask another big mc collector what he thinks but my opinion it's a scary one

My personal opinion,
    Due to the dark blue enamel, lettering on the obverse, and reverse, I would attempt to send this one back.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by avenger View Post
    The "D" and "e" in Der, "t" and "r" in Mutter, all seem to have metal defects connecting them to the border of the surrounding circle. Would these errors happen on originals?
    Spot on, this was my concern as well. Plus the centre "prong" of the "E" is usually shorter than the two outer ones, no?

Tom

Well spotted Tom.

Sadly it looks like a fake, albeit one that is pretty close to an original. Interesting that to go to all the effort of creating a good fake, they would make mistakes like the E.

I got it with a bunch of other things, so money wise I am not out much, just annoyed. The envelope looks real, so that's always a plus

would just like to show one of my crosses which I believe is a genuine cross with faulty white enamel borders for reference only, due to the discussion on this thread. which has been interesting bye the way.
    RodMutterkreuz Bronze & SilverMutterkreuz Bronze & Silver

Thanks Rod - on the reverse size, are those 3 small pits to the right of the 1938?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast