Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mutterkreuz--opinions please

Article about: I have the chance to purchase these Mothers crosses for \\$125 for the lot. I know the pics are crappy, but that is all I have. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Default Mutterkreuz--opinions please

I have the chance to purchase these Mothers crosses for $125 for the lot. I know the pics are crappy, but that is all I have. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mutterkreuz--opinions please   Mutterkreuz--opinions please  

Attached Images Attached Images Mutterkreuz--opinions please 
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-18-2010 at 11:05 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mutterkreuz--opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Mothers crosses--opinions please

They look OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: Mothers crosses--opinions please

Buy them!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Mutterkreuz--opinions please

Thanks guys! Makes me feel alot better when I get other opinions!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like there is a Bronze, silver, and gold cross there... Isn't the gold cross rather rare?? I have seen the bronze, and at times the silver, but rarely have I seen the gold. Thanks again

?

You might be right. There is definitely a bronze and silver, the other could be a gold or perhaps just a lighter toned bronze. The colours do vary slightly between makers. Hopefully if you buy them you can post clearer shots!
    Gold crosses are fairly common but you need to consider the ratio of women who gave birth to large families to those who didn't. Strangely enough while collecting these crosses I've found the silver crosses to be the most uncommon.

I'm getting them tonight (unless something unforseen happens). When I do, I will try to post MUCH better pics later tonight or tomorrow. thanks!

OK. I got them! I also loaded up some MUCH better pics. I think the one is a gold version, but what do you all think? There is definately a difference in the bronze and gold. The silver is a no-brainer. IF that one is a gold, that would be great because I would have the full set!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mutterkreuz--opinions please   Mutterkreuz--opinions please  

Mutterkreuz--opinions please   Mutterkreuz--opinions please  

they are both bronze imo.

they are all very nice though and it sounds like you made out well. you should try to get some ribbons for them : )

?

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. From the obverse shots they both look bronze but the reverse shots show a definite colour difference. I would like to see them in natural light.

You want me to try to get a few pics outside in the sunlight tomorrow? Is that what you mean?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast