Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

My 1st WB, opinions needed

Article about: OK, so i'm about to take the plunge into adding some WB's to my collection and I figure to play it safe and start with black before venturing to silver and then maybe one day gold (depending

Default My 1st WB, opinions needed

OK, so i'm about to take the plunge into adding some WB's to my collection and I figure to play it safe and start with black before venturing to silver and then maybe one day gold (depending on the wifes reaction)

After a couple of days of research and browsing many dealer websites I've narrowed my selection down to these 2 below...

#1 is I believe an earlier piece (being brass in manufacture) but it is unmarked. EUR40.

#2 is steel but it is marked L/56 (i'm trusting the dealer here as the MM isn't visible in the photo) EUR45

So the question is... do I go for the supposedly higher quality brass version or the later steel (but MM'd) version? There is only EUR5 difference between the 2 and on the one hand I like the 'newer' look of the steel one but I also like the look of the brass peeking through in the chipped areas of the brass one.

From what i've learnt over the last few days they both look original but of course if anyone has any doubts please raise them. I notice the pin looks a little short on the brass badge and a little long on the steel badge but I don't know if this should raise any alarm bells?

What do you think guys?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My 1st WB, opinions needed
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My 1st WB, opinions needed

Hi Glenn and welcome.
    I don't see any problems with either. My choice would be the L/56 but the decision is yours of course. I think the pin looks short on the first one because the catch has been bent down.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: My 1st WB, opinions needed

I agree with Adrian. I would also go for the maker marked one but that is only personal preference!

Welcome aboard and enjoy your time here

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem