Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My German Cross in Gold/DKiG

Article about: hi, im new here, im looking if anyone could tell me how much this is worth aproximately... the pictures are taken on a lame camera phone... ill post better ones once i can find my usb connec

Friedcod
    ?

Default My German Cross in Gold/DKiG

hi, im new here, im looking if anyone could tell me how much this is worth aproximately...
    the pictures are taken on a lame camera phone...
    ill post better ones once i can find my usb connector for my digital camera, (its long lost )

anyway, i got this from my grandfather, he was an AAA man in 30th division, 531st AAA battalion , US army

it has some petina on the reverse and the white behind the swastika is worn and faded a bit, also the catch for the clasp is bent a little, so it wont shut correctly.

i dont know any story of how he got this, but i assume its real.
    my mother found it when going through his attic when he died, i also have a wound badge, some circle with DJ and a SS style S in the center, crossed rifles. and i have alot of different money from nazi germany, france, italy, korea , i have his uniform patches pins and ribbons, and he saved alot of war era newspapers like stars and stripes and his battalions newspaper. some letters he sent to his wife and mother, and alot of photos. its awesome he has a photo of him standing on a downed airplane with sunglasses posing badass style
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My German Cross in Gold/DKiG   My German Cross in Gold/DKiG  

Last edited by Friedcod; 03-24-2010 at 07:15 AM.

2. # ADS

3mk
    ?

Default re: My German Cross in Gold/DKiG

Hey there,
    I cant tell you how much its worth, But please dont sell it.This is something that can never be replaced Im sure you can find a new job.

I hope for the best

Regards
    Emil

Friedcod
    ?

Default re: My German Cross in Gold/DKiG

hey thanks alot for the sentiment. i was very reluctant to sell.
    you helped me make up my mind, yeah i gotta keep it, thanks alot!

hey hey! its priceless! afterall some people died for the reward, and then a guy died for my grandpa to get it. dunno how you can price that.
    i always liked the idea of keeping as a good luck charm, that is what a swastika is, its an occult symbol of supreme good luck and victory, is why Hitler used it. Ive read it means like ultimate male passion victory its a "divination of the elements" i was thinking of selling it because i know this girl and thinking of getting more serious. ... maybe ill wear it on my wedding day! ... screw the nazis, i like the symbol's meanings!!! ... i also like the idea that its like a battle trophy, to say my blood helped destroy the evil.
    ... ive seen that they usually sell for like $1500 - $5000 and ive seen one auctioned for about $15000
    i was wondering how much mine might be worth.... obviously id never had sold it anyways !! maybe for a few million! :P
    -peace