Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Great Aunt's Mutterkreuz in Gold - Eligibility Question

Article about: My Great Aunt gave me her Mother's Cross, but she did not have any children of her own. I understand one must have 8 or more children to receive one of these. My Uncle started off in the SS

?

Default My Great Aunt's Mutterkreuz in Gold - Eligibility Question

My Great Aunt gave me her Mother's Cross, but she did not have any children of her own. I understand one must have 8 or more children to receive one of these. My Uncle started off in the SS and later resigned. He had a child from a previous marriage (his wife died) and my Aunt adopted her. Does this qualify for a Gold Mother's Cross? Are there any other qualifications aside from having 8 or more children?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Great Aunt's Mutterkreuz in Gold - Eligibility Question  
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-12-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Great Aunt's Mutterkreuz in Gold - Eligibility Question
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My Great Aunt's Gold Mother's Cross - Eligibility Question

Nice cross and mint case. Is this a rare maker - I have not seen him before?

No Pablo, she didn't qualify as such. Possibly ( and I don't want to infer anything untoward here ) her husband acquired it to give her as a present and she accepted it as a caring stepmother without knowing the reasons behind the award criteria?
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by alikat View Post
    Nice cross and mint case. Is this a rare maker - I have not seen him before?
    Not rare, I have one from this maker, and have seen a number of others.
    I also agree with Dan, I don't believe she would have qualified for this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Dan for your possible explanation. The Cross looks like it has never been worn which gives some credence to your theory. So how could my Uncle acquire it w/o documenting 8 kids? I presume he just bought it?

Quote by Pablo View Post
    Thanks Dan for your possible explanation. The Cross looks like it has never been worn which gives some credence to your theory. So how could my Uncle acquire it w/o documenting 8 kids? I presume he just bought it?
    Or found, or was given it. Hard to say.
    I don't think you were able to buy them, but I suppose anything is possible.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Pablo View Post
    A dozen explanations are possible Pablo, sometimes try as we might there will NEVER be a final explanation. Is your great aunt still alive or when did she give this to you?
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

A lovely set Pablo with sentimentality which makes all the more special

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Default Re: My Great Aunt's Mutterkreuz in Gold - Eligibility Question

Hi Pablo and thank you for posting your Mutterkreuz.

Really hard to say why she would've had it in her possession as she wouldn't have qualified for it as already stated and there are no other criteria she could fulfill to my knowledge based upon what you've told us.. She would not have even been allowed to purchase it privately because she would need to produce the documents that proved her entitlement.

Can you take a photo of the case without the cross in it please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Default Re: My Great Aunt's Mutterkreuz in Gold - Eligibility Question

Thanks Adrian. Attached is the requested photo. Just curious as to what are you looking for in the empty box?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Great Aunt's Mutterkreuz in Gold - Eligibility Question  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast