Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My last 2 addition

Article about: The spaces in the swastica seem to large and the stem of the leaves seem to close to the rim. Here is mine to compare, though mine is probably a diffrent maker. cheers, Patrick

?

Default Re: My last 2 addition

The spaces in the swastica seem to large and the stem of the leaves seem to close to the rim.
    Here is mine to compare, though mine is probably a diffrent maker.

My last 2 addition

cheers,
    Patrick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My last 2 addition
    P
    Many

Can't see why a seperate award would be issued to 'Spanish' personel, surely the small numbers of Spanish would not have warrented a seperate production run (with the gold trim).If this was the case you would think there would be similar awards for the Dutch,Norg's,Danes etc.
    A fantasy story I feel.
    Have a good one mate

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Can't see why a seperate award would be issued to 'Spanish' personel, surely the small numbers of Spanish would not have warrented a seperate production run (with the gold trim).If this was the case you would think there would be similar awards for the Dutch,Norg's,Danes etc.
    A fantasy story I feel.
    Have a good one mate
    That was something that bothered me too. I've never heard of a Spanish "Ost" before. Stewy

I smoke like a steamboat and nicotine has never left a residue like that on my stuff so I tend to agree with Nick: it looks like rust...The only other thing I can see is that some zink pieces (e.g.:General assault & Infantry Assault badges to name a few) are coated with copper to facilitate the adhesion of the silver finish and this could just be an example where the silver coat has peeled off leaving the copper exposed

Regards

JC

My not so prefect Osten Medal.

My last 2 additionMy last 2 addition

I like the concept of this medal,enduring hardship in a hostile environment with out adequate equipment or support.
    Napoleon could have issued something similar if he had anybody left to receive one.

?

Hi all again and goodmorning!
    This morning I started doing my reserces and yes some medals for spanish volontiers where produced by germany and other by spain. Here is an esemple of golden ost front mounted on a veteran bar.

My last 2 addition

And here a veteran wearing one....

My last 2 addition
    Last edited by Tagete; 12-27-2011 at 12:14 PM.

?

No Ostmedaille will rust due to the materials used. IMO it has been painted and worn off in the places you would expect it to.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

[QUOTE=Adrian;440922]No Ostmedaille will rust due to the materials used.

Unless it was fake
    Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Adrian,
    can u please tell me what IMO means?
    Painting was an option that we considered yesterday and badly, as I've been told, I tryed to clean it with nitro solvent but no results it is there and is plated, if u take a look at the pictures above u'll see 2 others in gold belonging to veterans from the division azul...
    I'm far away to say that mine is original or correct, it is the first time I find something like this, but being ignorant and courios I'd love to learn as much as possible even about the spanish production or those phantomatic medals with golden trim!

Thanks for your post!

Hi Massimo

IMO means 'in my opinion'

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast