Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mysterious Pin

Article about: Hi all, I used to own a swastika pin given to me by a friend's dad and I've always wondered what it was from. I unfortunately no longer own it or have photos, but it was a small silver swast

?

Default Mysterious Pin

Hi all, I used to own a swastika pin given to me by a friend's dad and I've always wondered what it was from. I unfortunately no longer own it or have photos, but it was a small silver swastika with a dark blue enamel inlay and said Sterling on the back. The attachment mechanism had been broken off by the time I got it as well. Would this have been TR period? Or simply a pre WW2 item? Sorry if this is a fools errand, but I thought if the right person read this they would know immediately what it was if it was TR period.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mysterious Pin
    P
    Many

Default Re: Mysterious Pin

It would be been American and circa 1900 - 1910.

Cheers, Ade.

Sterling on the back would not be TR IMO. It refers to type of silver in used in the U.S. Could be wrong would like to know my self.

Eric

Hi Eric, a couple of these have turned up on the forum in the past. Often mistaken as German items. But you are correct, Sterling is a US or occassionally a British marking.

Cheers, Ade.

?

thank you very much fellas, I wondered about whether or not "Sterling" would have been present on a German award, thanks for clearing it up for me.

?

Is this what you were talking about?

Mysterious Pin

?

Hmm, similar, but the blue was darker, more like the mother's cross blue, and the latch mechanism was in the middle of the pin. The latch was broken, but it had more of a military look to it. The overall quality was much finer too. Thanks for commenting though, I appreciate your input, close but no cigar!