Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Named DK In Gold

Article about: This Deutsche Kreuz in Gold was found at the estate sale of a retired WW2 U S Army officer years ago. On the rear lightly enscribed is "K Werner, Feldwebel, Russland, 12.2.1943. I have

Default Named DK In Gold

This Deutsche Kreuz in Gold was found at the estate sale of a retired WW2 U S Army officer years agoNamed DK In GoldNamed DK In GoldNamed DK In Gold. On the rear lightly enscribed is "K Werner, Feldwebel, Russland, 12.2.1943. I have never found a corresponding name and date in the list of DK recipients. Possibly, the date listed in reference material is that of the engagement the decoration was being awarded for and the date on the back is the actual date of award and receipt. The enscription is put in lightly with a punch and hammer. It is definitely period to the badge. I wonder who the recipient was.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named DK In Gold
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Named DK In Gold

Nice Otto Klein cross that's the sort of 'one looker' piece that every collector dreams of Bob! The inscription is also one of those that instantly screams 'original' too. Much better than the false machine made dedications that abound on fakes and originals alike. Thank you for posting.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The date on the DK is only 10 days after the surrender in Stalingrad. The owner must have had mixed feelings on this day.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

A nice looking award 1 of my favourites thanks for posting Bob, cheers Terry.

Very nice "134" Deutsches Kreuz in worn condition.Allways good to see a cross like this.Thank`s for showing!

Joachim

That is a little gem Bob

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem