Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Named DRL Badge in Gold(?)

Article about: Greetings everyone, I just wanted to share one of my recent findings from a local shop. It is a DRL badge in gold, I believe. I can not tell for sure, but it looks like a gold wash to me. Th

RZM
    ?

Default Named DRL Badge in Gold(?)

Greetings everyone,

I just wanted to share one of my recent findings from a local shop. It is a DRL badge in gold, I believe. I can not tell for sure, but it looks like a gold wash to me. This one was made by Ernst L. Muller, which I understand is a fairly scarce maker of these. Upon closer inspection of the badge, I noticed that it was inscribed with the recipients name and address! It looks like "Wilh. Snade" and "Wolfenbuttel Doktorkamp 9". Does anyone have any leads on how I can find out who this guy was? I have tried searching the name online and came up empty handed. Any help would be appreciated! Also, what would be an approximate value of this piece? I don't plan on selling it, but it's always good to know what something is worth. Thanks!

Name:  DRL1.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  58.4 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DRL2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	636773

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DRL4.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	636772

Name:  DRL3.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  14.9 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

It is a fine oirig IMO

OM
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

It is gold, nice to see that it is named on the back

?

A nice one.

RZM
    ?

Thanks guys! Any ideas on how to find out some info about the soldier? I can't tell if his last name is "SNADE" or "SNOLDE".

Could it be Shade?...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

?

My best guess is 'SNADE'. Finding out anything about him is an impossible task unless he was the recipient of a high end award, was a personality of the era or did something historically important.
    Even then, saying this badge belonged to a particular individual is a speculative task without provenance.