Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Named DRL Badge in Gold(?)

Article about: Greetings everyone, I just wanted to share one of my recent findings from a local shop. It is a DRL badge in gold, I believe. I can not tell for sure, but it looks like a gold wash to me. Th

RZM
    ?

Default Named DRL Badge in Gold(?)

Greetings everyone,

I just wanted to share one of my recent findings from a local shop. It is a DRL badge in gold, I believe. I can not tell for sure, but it looks like a gold wash to me. This one was made by Ernst L. Muller, which I understand is a fairly scarce maker of these. Upon closer inspection of the badge, I noticed that it was inscribed with the recipients name and address! It looks like "Wilh. Snade" and "Wolfenbuttel Doktorkamp 9". Does anyone have any leads on how I can find out who this guy was? I have tried searching the name online and came up empty handed. Any help would be appreciated! Also, what would be an approximate value of this piece? I don't plan on selling it, but it's always good to know what something is worth. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named DRL Badge in Gold(?)
    P
    Many

It is a fine oirig IMO

OM
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

It is gold, nice to see that it is named on the back

?

A nice one.

RZM
    ?

Thanks guys! Any ideas on how to find out some info about the soldier? I can't tell if his last name is "SNADE" or "SNOLDE".

Could it be Shade?...

?

My best guess is 'SNADE'. Finding out anything about him is an impossible task unless he was the recipient of a high end award, was a personality of the era or did something historically important.
    Even then, saying this badge belonged to a particular individual is a speculative task without provenance.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....