Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Narvik & Demjansk Schilde

Article about: What do you think to these please guys? Look good enough to me, but I need to be sure The Narvik has all prongs intact the Demjansk is missing them but reflected in price Thanks for looking

Default Narvik & Demjansk Schilde

What do you think to these please guys?

Look good enough to me, but I need to be sure

The Narvik has all prongs intact the Demjansk is missing them but reflected in price

Thanks for looking

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Narvik & Demjansk Schilde   Narvik & Demjansk Schilde  

Narvik & Demjansk Schilde  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Narvik & Demjansk Schilde
    P
    Many

Looks Like a nice one to me Nick. I am no expert on these.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

reverse of the Demjansk
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Narvik & Demjansk Schilde  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Looks Like a nice one to me Nick. I am no expert on these.

John
    Thanks John, the Narvik is a tricky one to spot a fake imo

Nick

Hi Nick,

The pictures are not the best for a definitive answer by me, but after taking as best a look as I can, i'd say that both are possibly o.k. with the Demjansk shield being a type 4.5 by an unknown maker (and the basis for the "serif J" fake), and the Narvik shield being an example known as the "Juncker type". I would advise that you wait for other answers though, and perhaps post this elsewhere for opinions (with better lit photo's if possible) before thinking of buying them.

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 05-23-2014 at 04:16 PM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I spotted these aswell Nick but i decided not to buy them as i was very unsure on them as i thought they may have been artificially aged. But As Ned says best wait for other opinions , hope they turn out to be good for you buddy

Thank you both for your invaluable opinions and advice

Nick

The Demjansk has had a resounding thumbs up and as Ned expertly stated it is an unknown maker.
    Thanks again for you help. It will soon be joining my other two Campaign shields

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Narvik & Demjansk Schilde  Narvik & Demjansk Schilde  Narvik & Demjansk Schilde  Narvik & Demjansk Schilde 

?

Glad it turned out to be a good one mate

Thank you Jimm, wish I could have afforded to bag the Narvik too !

Nick