Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Narvikschild

Article about: Just like to run this Narvik shield by you guys. Worn but from my research looks ok Comments welcome Many thanks Nick

Default Narvikschild

Just like to run this Narvik shield by you guys. Worn but from my research looks ok

Comments welcome

Many thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Narvikschild   Narvikschild  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Narvikschild
    P
    Many

Default Re: Narvikschild

Wish I could help you, Nick, but I'm a dud on these. Another area I have yet to move into.

I`m no expert on the Narvik Schild, but I do not like the quality on the details.
    Eaglehead, edelweiss, swastika......
    Please compare with these photo from one in my collection.

Anyway, you have to wait until one of the experts have commented....

Narvikschild Narvikschild

Thank you, very useful information

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

There are also differences in the date, the '1' is much higher on Nick's posted example and also the letter style of 'NARVIK' is different too.

Could this be down to manufacturer details? How many different makers of these were there?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    There are also differences in the date, the '1' is much higher on Nick's posted example and also the letter style of 'NARVIK' is different too.

Could this be down to manufacturer details? How many different makers of these were there?
    Adrian, there are in fact no definite makers known of Narvik shields. Only speculations.

Deschler, Funke U Brunninghaus, Brehmer and Juncker are likely makers I believe

Nick

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Adrian, there are in fact no definite makers known of Narvik shields. Only speculations.

Deschler, Funke U Brunninghaus, Brehmer and Juncker are likely makers I believe

Nick
    Hi Nick....the only 2 known makers for the Narvik shield are Deumer and Juncker. Can't comment on the shield shown. Need decent head on scans but on these pics, looks like a fake.

Thanks for your comments guys, I am not comfortable enough to buy it

Nick

Hello, looking at your pictures it looks as though the bottom right arm of the swastika does not reach to it,s full lenth as the wreath is in the way!! If thats the case it is definatly no good. Also most shields will have a paper backing glued on to cover the pins to stop them wearing through the tunic.This shield does,nt appear to show any signs of the paper or glue residue from where it was, i hope this helps but i personally am not keen on this one.

Quote by pantherv View Post
    Hi Nick....the only 2 known makers for the Narvik shield are Deumer and Juncker. Can't comment on the shield shown. Need decent head on scans but on these pics, looks like a fake.
    But certainly there are other makers....

I like the wear to the zinc on the original posted, but better photos of the eagle would be needed to determine anything.

William Kramer