Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Narvikschild Type 1.2 Deumer???

Article about: I have been going back and forth on this Narvik shield for a few hours and I came across an old post by Big Ned. http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...needed-594810/ Would like to see if I

Default Narvikschild Type 1.2 Deumer???

I have been going back and forth on this Narvik shield for a few hours and I came across an old post by Big Ned. Narvik Shield help needed

Would like to see if I am missing something here in my assessment from others who have the reference books on Campaign shields as well as more informed information than I have..

I really appreciate everyone's input to some of the badges and decorations I have been posting. US militaria is where I have more knowledge,,, so again thank you..

Based on what I can determine through reading and research is that the example that I have is possibly attributed to the firm of Deumer. It is made of Zinc, there is Infill between the Eagle and the wings and that this has been labeled as a type 1.2. I also believe the white spots on the front and back are Zinc pest spots...Unfortunately I do not have the reference book that classifies all the different Types.. so I am reaching out to all of you who may have the book and can confirm or deny for me what this shield is...

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Narvikschild Type 1.2 Deumer???   Narvikschild Type 1.2 Deumer???  

Narvikschild Type 1.2 Deumer???   Narvikschild Type 1.2 Deumer???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Narvikschild Type 1.2 Deumer???
    P
    Many

Hello Smitty,
    All I know about these is, compare the digits of the date, and the lettering, carefully.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph..

Smitty

Well...here we go again !! As many collectors I reach out to for authenticity on these...both Heer & KM...I get mixed opinions. I was unaware of a definitive book on these. One of the problems is of course the lack of makers marks, wartime pics show only the front due to them being sewn on the sleeve. The Navy Narvik I bought & posted "Big Nat or Ned" or whatever his name is, discounted mine as a Floch fake when in fact, I had two respected collectors tell me AFTER I returned it that it was indeed a period piece in their opinion.

So Smitty...as Ralph says to compare...but to what ? I would love to have a nice example of either Heer or KM...but I have given up due to lack of experience from supposed "experts"
    Good luck with it, sorry I can't help
    D.

Thanks D..

I sat there at my desk today thinking about all the money I have poured into reference books lately and it really has me stumped.. I remember the good ole days pre-computer and internet and was content believing what I had was good... Now I second guess and doubt everything.. Kind of takes the fun and enjoyment out of collecting..

Don't get me wrong, I think it is great that some members have delved deeper into the aspects of each badge and decoration but when the books that are out printed out cost the badges in question I have to scratch my head.. By the time one is done arming themselves with every book under the sun,,, you can't afford to buy the badge....

Thanks again for your input...

Deumer, version 2, late. Borrowed from WAF, photos by Pascal H.
    Compare with this one Smitty.
    Ralph.

Narvikschild Type 1.2 Deumer???
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I reckon yours is a good one, Here's what Big Ned said about mine a couple of years ago ,Regards Paul
    Narvikschild

Ralph, Paul, D,,,

And everyone who has stopped by to look as well as make a comment. I am most grateful for all your thoughts..

I feel very comfortable with you all and your assessments. Unlike other forums which have made me feel uncomfortable about posting due to my lack of knowledge, I don't feel that way here. The members here genuinely go above and beyond to assess and critique and evaluate various items posted and most importantly I am finding out reasons why items are real or repro by some solid explanations and not just "its fake" comments...

Thank you again everyone.. I tip my hat to each of you...

Best regards to everyone..

Smitty