Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi Badges, Pins and Medals

Article about: Hello my name is Jon-Luke. I recently came in possession of these Nazi Badges, pins and medals. I am new to collecting military items so I was wondering if anyone could help with authenticat

Jonluke92
    ?

Default Nazi Badges, Pins and Medals

Hello my name is Jon-Luke. I recently came in possession of these Nazi Badges, pins and medals. I am new to collecting military items so I was wondering if anyone could help with authenticating some of these items. The information I do have some insight on is the iron cross has a number "25" on the loop which holds the ribbon. The smaller diamong shaped pieces have "Rz" over "M" and "M1/77" on them. Those are the only ones in my collection which have any identifying marks, unless they are in a spot I am not looking. Thank you in advance if I do no reply.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Badges, Pins and Medals   Nazi Badges, Pins and Medals  

Nazi Badges, Pins and Medals   Nazi Badges, Pins and Medals  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Nazi Badges, Pins and Medals

I have doubts about all of them. The HJ pins are bad. The SS cap eagle is a very bad cast fake. The war merit cross and EKII seem to be artificially aged. If these all came in a group from someone I would think all are fake.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I have doubts about all of them. The HJ pins are bad. The SS cap eagle is a very bad cast fake. If these all came in a group from someone I would think all are fake.
    Agreed. The only thing here that may have a chance, in my mind, is the War Merit cross. even then I have doubts.
    Regards

?

WELCOME TO THE FORUM Jonluke92 a word of advice when posting photos try to get them as clear and close as you possibly can this will make authenticating your badges medals and pins a lot easier I am shur there will be someone along to help you.

Regards Mark K

Jonluke92
    ?

Thanks for the info everyone. The only ones that came together were the War Merit Cross, the 2 small diamond shaped ones, and the iron cross. The other ones i got from an auction for $10 each. If they truly are fakes atleast I can have them as reminders on what to look out for.

Quote by Jonluke92 View Post
    Thanks for the info everyone. The only ones that came together were the War Merit Cross, the 2 small diamond shaped ones, and the iron cross. The other ones i got from an auction for $10 each. If they truly are fakes atleast I can have them as reminders on what to look out for.
    Thats a good idea, John Luke. I keep fakes just for references, even if I can judge if a piece of militaria is fake or original on the spot.

?

Dont give up I made the same mistake you did when I first started and still do on occasion the trick is to try and post pictures here first before you purchase an item as there will always be someone here that wll be able to help or will refer you to someone that will goodluck .

Regards Mark K

?

Hello Jonluke and welcome to the forum.
    Thank you for posting your items. The Kriegsverdiestkreuz (KVK) at the top of your post is an original as is the Eisernes Kreuz (EK) at the bottom, albeit with the wrong ribbon, it has a KVK ribbon. Can you post any close ups of the makers mark please and maybe some shots in natural light?
    The items inbetween I can't help with except the SS eagle is a definite fake, crudely cast and unlike any original, this mounting method was never used during the TR era.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....