Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help Identifying a German Decoration

Article about: I Work at a Scrap yard in Pittsburgh Pa. and I am a World War Two Buff Especially the German side. I found this Nazi Decoration when someone brought it in for scrap, now this isnt the whole

Default Need Help Identifying a German Decoration

I Work at a Scrap yard in Pittsburgh Pa. and I am a World War Two Buff Especially the German side. I found this Nazi Decoration when someone brought it in for scrap, now this isnt the whole piece my friend has the other piece. Any help in identifying this would be great i cant seem to find it in any pictures. ok The marking on it are RZM I believe in a circle. Then M 1 1/128. Heres a picture Capture 1 (6-8-2012 4-35 PM).wmv in case you can see it is is a about a 30 inch long copper chain with swastikas on one square piece then an eagle swastika on the next one and it continues those two patterns. I cant find a picture anywhere I think its pretty rare. any ideas as to which award or decoration it is?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help Identifying a German Decoration
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need Help Identifying a German Decoration

Here it is.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help Identifying a German Decoration  
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-09-2012 at 10:29 AM.

?

Hello All
    From the vague description given could Jarett possibly be talking about a gorget?

Regards
    Brett

its a long copper linked chain with square links with a plain Swastika on one link then a swastika with an eagle on the other one. it repeats this. its about 30 inches and seems like maybe something that would go over ones shoulder or belt maybe i have no idea since i dont have the full piece yet.

- - Updated - -

yes it is a gorget!!! what is a gorget i just saw a picture of it

its a full gorget, are they rare?

Perhaps it is only the chain for a gorget or a couple of them linked together.
    Have a look at this gorget.........

http://www.svmilitaria.com/images/31322a.JPG
    Regards,

Steve.

yea its just the chain but its still a cool piece of history, i wonder wat happened to the larger eagle?? i wish i would have been able to talk to the gentleman who brought the gorget chain to the scrap metal yard becayse he might have had the other piece. oh well it still cool.

?

I've uploaded Jarett's photo to post #2. It's nothing I recognise, not even as a gorget chain lthough I have to admit my knowledge of those would barely cover the back of a postage stamp.

If it is a gorget chain similar to the one posted by Steve in the link, would anyone consider it particulary rare or have much value attached to it? Surely it's just a broken part of a whole item?
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-09-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....