Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying this pin

Article about: I bought this pin at a gun show without knowing much about them but the table I bought it from told me they had purchased the contents of a small museum that was going under and had hundreds

?

Default Need help identifying this pin

I bought this pin at a gun show without knowing much about them but the table I bought it from told me they had purchased the contents of a small museum that was going under and had hundreds of pins/medals/militaria from various periods. From my limited research my suspicion is that it is fake. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank youNeed help identifying this pinNeed help identifying this pinNeed help identifying this pinNeed help identifying this pin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identifying this pin
    P
    Many

?

It is indeed sadly a fake i'm afraid , hope you didn't pay too much for it.

?

Quote by jimm View Post
    It is indeed sadly a fake i'm afraid , hope you didn't pay too much for it.

Can you explain how you can tell?

?

It is trying to be an Austrian made badge - The originals are exceptionally rare and were only made by Rudolf Schanes and the rear of his badges are always maker marked. The badge you purchased is copying the original design motto but was made between 1970-1990 also the enamel work on your badge is of exceptionally poor quality also when compared with originals. The back of your badge is completely wrong for this type of version. If you can get a refund it would be a good idea. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news & hope you didn't lose much cash.

?

Quote by jimm View Post
    It is trying to be an Austrian made badge - The originals are exceptionally rare and were only made by Rudolf Schanes and the rear of his badges are always maker marked. The badge you purchased is copying the original design motto but was made between 1970-1990 also the enamel work on your badge is of exceptionally poor quality also when compared with originals. The back of your badge is completely wrong for this type of version. If you can get a refund it would be a good idea.
    Thank you

Jim is correct in his assessment

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem