Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help Identifying These Medals

Article about: My friend’s dad was in the Hitler youth. He was conscripted to fight in the battle of Berlin, he gave me these two medals I don’t know if he found them while fighting or got them himself. If

Default Need Help Identifying These Medals

My friend’s dad was in the Hitler youth. He was conscripted to fight in the battle of Berlin, he gave me these two medals I don’t know if he found them while fighting or got them himself. If anyone has information on these medals please say.
    (On iPad so couldn’t upload picture normally)
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help Identifying These Medals
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Michael.

I have uploaded the one photo for you. Is this the only photo?

The award with the eagle appears to be at first glance an Iron Cross Spange 2nd Class.

I have no idea what the piece is with the bust of Hitler.

Photo quality is key in determining originality and in the case here we need much clearer, closer photos of the front and back (while this is your first post I can understand that you not aware of this)

My gut is telling me that the Spange is a reproduction and the bust of Hitler is what we call a "4th Reich" or a fantasy item that never existed. I know I at least have never seen something like this in all the years I have been collecting. Look forward to hearing from other member here.

Here is an example of an original 2nd clsss Spange (first photo, award on the right) as well as an example of the type of photos needed (They don't need to be this good but hopefully you understand what we are looking for).

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1st Klasse 1914 - Duemer L/11 (EK1 Spange )

Regards,

M

Need Help Identifying These Medals
    Last edited by MAP; 10-18-2018 at 04:38 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good day.
    I agree with MAP.
    Badge with Adolf's head is a fantasy piece & I have never seen such one before. Where are those fakers getting these terrible ideas from?
    The EK2 spange is a clear fake to me as well.
    "Friend of Yours" is trying to fool You.
    Regards,
    Peter

Here are closer pictures I have to be sure because if I tell them it’s not real it’ll be an uproar.
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

As said before, it is fake.
    Maybe that friend is not a friend, think about that twice.
    Please add photos directly here ( it is easy to do ) instead of using those web pages.
    Regards,
    Peter

We do not allow the use of outside photo hosting sites here.
    Please use the thread in the link I am posting and upload your photos directly to this thread, or it will be closed and deleted.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    We do not allow the use of outside photo hosting sites here.
    Please use the thread in the link I am posting and upload your photos directly to this thread, or it will be closed and deleted.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Already done.....

Here To Find Out Some Info

Michael:

If you can't upload from a PC, a screen shot from you phone would suffice. We need the photos uploaded so that the thread (which is a future reference tool) will not become useless when the linked photos are no longer available.

That said....as Peter confirmed, this Spange is a fake. Appears to be a cast copy. Im sure that your friend's father might have been in the HJ but he more than likely aquired these at a different time. The fact that one of them is a fantasy award only strengthens this hypothesis. It is not uncommon for us on the forum to see similar stories.

We evalute the items, not the story as memories fade after 75 years.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Already done.....
    I'm not sure what you mean by "Already done" Michael, but I don't see where he uploaded all of his photos in this thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)