Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with possible Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Article about: Hi all, I have come across this repaired flak badge, I believe it is a Juncker unmarked (or trying to be) it has had mixed reviews, I rather like it it feels of good quality in hand etc albe

Default Need help with possible Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Hi all, I have come across this repaired flak badge, I believe it is a Juncker unmarked (or trying to be) it has had mixed reviews, I rather like it it feels of good quality in hand etc albeit rather well worn, but I would like some more expert opinions, Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with possible Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Need help with possible Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Need help with possible Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Need help with possible Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Last edited by rbminis; 07-29-2016 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with possible Juncker Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum Jonathan,

Where exactly has this badge received "mixed reviews", have you any links? Reason I ask is that besides the repair and possible pin replacement, it looks like a genuine 1st pattern badge to me.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

G'day Ned, it received a bad review from a collector because it did not line up quite right in a book, my personal opinion is that it is a good one having held it in hand, however I thought best to clear it with those that know more about these before I buy, 1st pattern not having rivets correct?

Thank you very much for your reply

Yeah, no rivets on the slide or down the pedestal and the roundel behind the breach tell you this. There is a transitional badge that has the same wreath/gun pattern, but the bird is the later J2 pattern.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ok, interesting the other chap mentioned it was a 2nd pattern eagle, this is something I like about German awards is the production process!

Thank you for all your help Big Ned, I will hopefully purchase the badge in a couple of weeks

Quote by JonathanW View Post
    Ok, interesting the other chap mentioned it was a 2nd pattern eagle, this is something I like about German awards is the production process!

Thank you for all your help Big Ned, I will hopefully purchase the badge in a couple of weeks

He's wrong. The 1st pattern is below left, the 2nd on the right. There are several differences if you look, but the obvious one look difference is the "balled" claws on the 2nd pattern compared to the slimmer, more aesthetically pleasing ones on the 1st pattern bird. Note also the menacing upward stare of the eye on the 1st pattern compared to the 2nd type.

1st pattern
    2nd pattern

Yours....

Regards, Ned.

Very interesting indeed, I can see both those differences yes, thank you for the photos they are brilliant!
    Cheers, Jonathan.

Please have a read of this thread and it may help you to understand how we would like to see threads in the Orders and Decorations section titled.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Thank you,
    Ralph.
    P.S. Congrats on finding out that your Flakkampfabzeichen is an original!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, thank you for the heads up, I will try to remember this next time I post a thread. Thank you very much I hope to pick it up in the next couple of weeks

a nice buy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast