Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Need some information on this items

Article about: Ade, These badges have been discussed and argued over for decades, from what researching on the net shows. Here is one remark that was made a couple of years ago on "the maroon site&quo

Default Re: Need some information on this items

Ade, These badges have been discussed and argued over for decades, from what researching on the net shows. Here is one remark that was made a couple of years ago on "the maroon site":

"Discussed many times before ..

There were the early fakes of high quality , which I distinctly remember being sold at shows 30 years ago - as fakes - with both the SS- & NSB markings .

And plenty of them , everyone in Holland KNEW they were fake - at the time .
    But these fakes have been copied ever since , and every now & again one of the first generation pops up from an old established collection ( as filler ) .
    The old ones then must be original ?

Gaston Vrolings will tell you the very same thing in the upcoming book " NSB and Dutch SS medals and awards " ; designs were made & published ( Storm SS ) , and participation booklets printed . That's as far as preparations went before it was replaced by the Germanische Leistungsrune .

But due to its striking design , people will always want these to be real so badly , that the discussion will probably never end .. "

This has been the consensus of many different discussions on these badges-that they were conceived but never actually produced except by the fakers, and have been so for several long decades now. This badge does not even have any markings on the back and has little to no signs of age or patina, so I would have to give it a thumbs down as well, as a badge that never actually existed! William

But, I Do like the Himmler calling card and it's autograph...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi and welcome!

Everything I have seen in this thread so far appears original. The only thing I don't feel qualified to comment on is the Himmler calling card. Not had chance to look at the daggers yet. But I would now like to comment on the SS runes badge.

I think this one may be good. It is a rare badge. A Dutch SS sports badge. IF original this will be valuable. Instituted in 1941 by the leader of the Dutch SS, J. H. Feldmeyer. The Sportteeken was awarded on an age basis as follows:

Bronze: Men between the ages of 20 and 29
    Silver : Men between the ages of 30 and 42
    Gold : Men over the age of 42

Cheers, Ade.
    thank you

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Ade, These badges have been discussed and argued over for decades, from what researching on the net shows. Here is one remark that was made a couple of years ago on "the maroon site":

"Discussed many times before ..

There were the early fakes of high quality , which I distinctly remember being sold at shows 30 years ago - as fakes - with both the SS- & NSB markings .

And plenty of them , everyone in Holland KNEW they were fake - at the time .
    But these fakes have been copied ever since , and every now & again one of the first generation pops up from an old established collection ( as filler ) .
    The old ones then must be original ?

Gaston Vrolings will tell you the very same thing in the upcoming book " NSB and Dutch SS medals and awards " ; designs were made & published ( Storm SS ) , and participation booklets printed . That's as far as preparations went before it was replaced by the Germanische Leistungsrune .

But due to its striking design , people will always want these to be real so badly , that the discussion will probably never end .. "

This has been the consensus of many different discussions on these badges-that they were conceived but never actually produced except by the fakers, and have been so for several long decades now. This badge does not even have any markings on the back and has little to no signs of age or patina, so I would have to give it a thumbs down as well, as a badge that never actually existed! William

But, I Do like the Himmler calling card and it's autograph...
    thank you and this sounds like a complicated story with this badge thingy, but for the signs of age and patina - well i cleaned it a lot (used silver polish because it was really stained)

Quote by Swingcat View Post
    thank you and this sounds like a complicated story with this badge thingy, but for the signs of age and patina - well i cleaned it a lot (used silver polish because it was really stained)
    You shouldn't have done that...

Quote by Farradin View Post
    You shouldn't have done that...
    looks better now and i clean all silver i get, looks like continental silver to me, believe me it was near black before and now i found something like a hallmark on the back but can not tell you what it is
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAGE0198.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	252501   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6382.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	252502  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6387.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	252503  

Never ever clean anything, especially if you intend to try and sell it later on. This looks from the back like it should have been Bronze.

Like I mentioned before, IF real, rare and expensive.

As William says, the waters have been muddied by fakers over the past 40 years.

Cheers, Ade.

Never ever clean anything, especially if you intend to try and sell it later on. This looks from the back like it should have been Bronze.

Like I mentioned before, IF real, rare and expensive.

As William says, the waters have been muddied by fakers over the past 40 years.

Cheers, Ade.
    then i better don't tell you that i have a large black flag in the washing machine right now. like the old saying, you need to pay a price to learn, but looks still better polished and the other thing that bothers me is i like to know what the shoulderboard with the 30 on it is or is this for hj as well like the triangle patches and last but not least if this is a good set to keep or are this just the basic items who don't win in value (i kinda like the items anyway but sure it would be interesting to know)
    thanks for all the help

The shoulder board with the "30" is an Heer (Army) Hauptmann (Captains) board. Appears to be Orange waffenfarbe arm of service piping, in which case it will be Recruiting or Military Police.

Everything is worth keeping. I have collected Third Reich for 35 years and prices have risen all the time. Prices might stagnate a little at odd times, but nothing has got cheaper.

Cheers, Ade.

The shoulder board with the "30" is an Heer (Army) Hauptmann (Captains) board. Appears to be Orange waffenfarbe arm of service piping, in which case it will be Recruiting or Military Police.

Everything is worth keeping. I have collected Third Reich for 35 years and prices have risen all the time. Prices might stagnate a little at odd times, but nothing has got cheaper.

Cheers, Ade.
    yes it is orange
    many thanks for the input so far

Swingcat...are any of these items you've posted for sale? William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast