Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New

Article about: Goodday, i am a starting WW2 medal/awards collector... 22 years old active in the royal dutch military and trying to learn as much about german medals/awards now an important thing for me, b

Default Re: New

Quote by mennovdl View Post
    Goodday,

i am a starting WW2 medal/awards collector...

22 years old active in the royal dutch military and trying to learn as much about german medals/awards

now an important thing for me, buying a medal/ iron cross on the internet how do i know the man who offers it is reliable and the medals are not fake? a send back and check policy? because i would like to posess original medals and not fake's...

maybe a lame question but im very new and green to this "scene" so any advice i take!

many thanks!

Avoid the dealers with very poor reputations. You will find out who they are as you progress!

Happy collecting

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New

If you are new to the hobby, first buy a few reference books. Join forums (you are already in one - join some more and compare) and read posts, compare pictures and information. Learning and knowledge is the only way to avoid fakes - there are too many of them. Reading and learning is (almost) as exciting as buying items.
    For first purcases, I suggest to go to some reputable dealers - Espenlaub is one of them, I like alot Detlev Niemann from Hamburg, and several others. They mostly sell original stuff, offer life-time guarantee for authenitcy and good money-back policy. Avoid e-bay and other auction sites until you get experienced, as these sites are a common palce for selling fakes, with little possibilities for retrieving your money. At dealers you'll pay a bit more, but you'll get more security, and usually an unquestionally good item. Start buying common items of most common variants, these are the safest. Two more advices for beginners - buy an ITEM, not a STORY. Seller can swear 1000 times the badge is original and his grandfather personally took it from dead Wittmann's uniform, but this tolk costs him nothing. It will probably cost YOU. Don't buy any story if it is not unquestionably proven. I actually don't buy anything from sellers who tell fancy fairytales. The other advice - if the price is too good to be true - it's probably not true item.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.