Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Acquisitions: EK2, Ostmedaille, and ribbon bar

Article about: Sure thing! I'll post some more tomorrow in better lighting

Default New Acquisitions: EK2, Ostmedaille, and ribbon bar

I received these recently but never had an opportunity to post them. I'm confident the medals themselves are authentic, but the ribbon on the EK2 looks far too new. The ribbon bar is a nice touch, too.

What do you guys think?

New Acquisitions: EK2, Ostmedaille, and ribbon bar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Acquisitions: EK2, Ostmedaille, and ribbon bar
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New Acquisitions: EK2, Ostmedaille, and ribbon bar

Nice pairing Joe, any markings on the suspension rings

Nice original items Joe I see your collection is growing keep it up.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

No issues with either Joe, the ribbon on the EK2 is an original so nothing to worry about there. It does look quite new so might not have been the ribbon that originally came with the cross.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Does anyone know of a source of salty EK2 ribbons? I would gladly trade this mint ribbon for one that better matches my iron cross.

Rings on both medals seem unmarked.

?

Joe ,I would leave as is, Ive seen other ribbons that were attached to awards that were original to the pieces and they were in really good condition compared to the awards, remember that metal is affected by oxidation much more than cloth, one way to tell is if you look where the ring meets the inside of the ribbon, there may be some discolouration

Quote by davejb View Post
    Joe ,I would leave as is, Ive seen other ribbons that were attached to awards that were original to the pieces and they were in really good condition compared to the awards, remember that metal is affected by oxidation much more than cloth, one way to tell is if you look where the ring meets the inside of the ribbon, there may be some discolouration
    Thanks for the reply, Dave. The ribbon came with this EK, but it was not attached. I attached it myself to take the picture. The ribbon is very clean, and very stiff. Mint, almost unissued.

GIZMO8Z

The EK2 has a great patina to it, it's not beat or anything.......IMO.......the ribbon matches. Or am I seeing the picture wrong? I like it either way, bud!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Hi Green, Thanks for the kind words!

I do like the patina on my EK2. It has some rusting here and there, but it's not too bad. The lighting isn't the greatest, I'm sorry. In my honest opinion, the ribbon would have to match the EK2 part of the ribbon bar to match the condition of the medal.

GIZMO8Z

Understood, afterall, you are in the best light to see it I like these short and chunky arm variants compared to the long thin arms. Have you found the maker yet? I would venture a guess at S&L due to the date configuration and inner beading.....from what I can see in your pic. Can you post more pics of your pretty EK2?

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast